About Theme: Protection of Our Himalayas
For the past 12-year, KSL is successful in organizing International Winter Residential School without fail, with new theme and concept every year. The program comprises of national as well as international participants from various countries to discuss on a common platform through interactive dialogues and discussions. The main objective of ESDR is to provide a vision of another country’s culture/ lifestyle, and understanding that the way you live in your house or community is not the way that rest of the world necessarily lives.
This platform provides an opportunity for young scholars of a social science background to deeply understand the significance of Economic, Social and Development Rights. This winter residential School is a 21 days long program whereby, at the end of the day the deserving participants are awarded diploma certificates but the horizon of knowledge provided in this residential school is admired by all. Looking down at the history, upon completion of the residential school, ESDR helps the student to develop independent opinions, make an informed decision and strive to attain a fresh goal.
Why ESDR –
- Out of the book, out of the box and interdisciplinary human rights teaching and learning.
- network with noted scholars of social science, including human rights, and make lasting friendships that transcend national borders.
- often helmed as the most intense and immersive 21 days learning experience by its alumni.
What to expect this year
- Presentations and Interaction on areas including but not limited to climate change, conservation of bio-diversity and trans-boundary natural resources.
- Excursions to and open classes at serene hill stations and heritage sites.
- Periodic leisures and study hours.
Date & Duration
20th November – 10th December 2018 (21 days).
Kathmandu School of Law Outreach Campus, an Eco-friendly abode nestled among the majestic hills of Nepal, in the lap of the Himalayas.
Who can apply
Masters, Bachelors and PhD Students of Law, Political Science, International Relations and other social science related streams.
- Nepalese students/ students studying in Nepal: NRs 20,000.
- Foreign students/students studying elsewhere: USD 350.
Online application link
Contact us at