JSS Law College in association with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai is organizing 17thSurana and Surana Corporate Law Moot Court Competition.
- The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five-year course during the current academic year interested in Tax, Corporate and Commercial Laws and who belong to institutions that have been invited.
- Students of The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India & The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. Students who have completed their law/Company Secretary/ Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are not eligible.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Member Swapping: For the Semi-final and the Final rounds teams shall be permitted to request participants from other teams to plead before the court on their behalf. That participant shall however still retain his/her individual code and shall address the court accordingly. In the event, a team, which has exercised such an option, wins the competition that particular participant shall receive 1/4th of the prize money and a winning certificate from the organizers.
- Winning team: Rs. 30000
- Runner-up team: Rs. 15000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10000
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 10000
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 5000
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 5000
In addition to the above awards, plaques, and certificates are given to other categories of winners. All participants will be awarded participation certificates.
|Start of Online Registration||28 November 2018|
|Last date for seeking clarification to the case||15 January 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||20 January 2019|
|Last date for receiving copies of Reg Form / Approval letter||20 January 2019|
|Submission of Travel form||20 January 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of MemorialsOne Hard Copy (both applicant and respondent) & Soft Copy by email||25 January 2019|
|Last date for receiving hard copy of Reg Form / Approval letter||25 January 2019|
|Submission of Memorials ( Five Hard Copies)During Orientation||08 February 2019|
|Preliminary / Octa / Quarterfinals||09 February 2019|
|Semifinals / final / valediction & prize distribution||10 February 2019|
|Submission of Judgment (soft copies by way email / CD / Pen drive||10 February 2019|
Any clarifications regarding Submission of Memorials / Accommodation / Transport / etc. for the competition can be sought from:
Prof. P. Nagendramurthy, Chairperson, Moot Court Committee, JSS Law College.
Regarding Case & Online Registration
Dr. S. Ravichandran, Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives, Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Moot Court Coordinator, Email: email@example.com
Ph: 044 – 2812 0000, Fax: 91 – 44 – 2812 0001
Click Here to register for the moot.