“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.” – Anaïs Nin
We, at the IDIA Chhattisgarh Chapter, were intrigued by this Anaïs Nin quote. It took hold of us and thus was born the idea of holding an essay competition where the essence of these words could be explored.
The IDIA project was initiated to reach out to marginalized and under-represented groups, so as to sensitize them towards law as a viable career option and help interested students acquire admission to law schools. It is hoped that such access to legal education would go some way towards empowering the marginalized and underprivileged students and the communities that they represent.
The National Essay Competition, which is an initiative of the IDIA Chhattisgarh Chapter, directs focus on the importance of writing and writing well. We seek to develop a culture where good writing is produced, shared, and appreciated. We see writing not just as a mode of communication, but as a means to step into the bodies of other people and look at the world through their eyes.
With this essay Competition, we seek to push people’s limits a little harder- we are eager to see the world through their eyes. We are also eager to be jarred into thinking, to be awakened, to be aware.
The primary objective of this competition is to raise funds for the IDIA Charitable Trust and also channelize the creative energies of students to promote meaningful engagement with new and varied ideas.
This competition is open to all law students and research scholars.
The topics for the Essay Competition, 2018 are:
- From social prejudice to social inclusion – why ‘progressive’ judicial verdicts may not be the best tool to bridge the gap. (In light of the series of 377 judgments)
- If the Constitution is the grundnorm safeguarding matters of the faith – does religion trump the judiciary’s power to interpret the ‘essential religious practice’ test.
- An educational institution of, by and for the students- reimagining the role of students in running the administration of educational institutions.
- Certification of participation shall be given to all authors and co-authors.
- Prize cheques and Certificates of merit shall be awarded to 3 best essays selected by our judges.
- Medals shall be given to the top 3 winners.
- An internship at IDIA (Bangalore Office) for the month of January 2019 will be provided to the most creative write-up.
- The Certificates of participation and merit shall be sent by mail. Medals shall be dispatched by post to the respective addresses given by the winners.
Registration Form: See Para 2.7 in the Brochure below.
- Date of Notification: 7th October 2018
- Last date for registration: 21st October 2018
- Last date for submission: 4th November 2018
- Result Declaration: 21st December 2018
For any further clarification, you can also write to – email@example.com.
Click here to download brochure.