The National University of Study And Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi is organizing the 3rd NUSRL National Trial Advocacy Competition (NTAC), 2018. Law universities/colleges / Institutions / Departments from across the country are invited to participate in the competition and to be a part of one of the most celebrated criminal trial competitions in India.
The competition is a flagship event of NUSRL, which provides a real-life experience of criminal trial proceedings (witnesses, recording of statements, oath etc.) in close association with intriguing intricacies of the criminal law.
After the successful conduction of the 1st & 2nd editions of the competition, which received huge participation and appraisals from various law institutions and legal fraternity respectively, we are going much bigger and better this time. The oral rounds would be judged by leading practitioners from the Supreme Court of India.
About Moot Problem
We are proud to announce that the Moot Problem of the Competition has been drafted under the guidance and supervision of Ms. Geeta Luthra, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
Students pursuing 3 Year LLB Degree Course Or 5 Year Integrated LLB Degree Course are eligible to participate in the competition.
Dates of the Competition
17th- 20th May 2018.
National University of Study And Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi.
AT: Village Nagri, Post- Bukru, Kanke- Pithoria Road, Kanke. Ranchi, Jharkhand – 834006.
The teams must first provisionally register by sending an email from their institutional email address to the MCC at email@example.com with the subject “Provisional Registration for 3rd NUSRL NTAC, 2018.”
The detailed timeline is given here.
Upon confirmation of the provisional Registration, the teams will be sent a link to the registration form & travel form which has to be filled in. The teams are required to confirm their registration by sending a Scanned Copy of the Demand Draft of Rs. 3500 in favor of ‘Registrar, NUSRL Ranchi’ payable at Ranchi.
The hard copy of the Demand Draft must reach the university in time upon the acceptance of which the registration would be complete. (Kindly refer to the official Timeline attached for the respective deadlines)
- Total prizes worth Rs. 2,67,000.
- Winners: Rs. 25,000 cash prize+ SCC Online Web Edition One Year Access Card worth Rs. 69,000.
- 1st Runner-Up: Rs. 15000 cash prize+ SCC Online Web Edition Six Month Access Card worth Rs. 34,500.
- 2nd Runner-Up: SCC Online Web Edition Six Month Access Card worth Rs. 34,500.
- Best Memorial: Rs.10,000 cash prize+ SCC Online Web Edition One Year Access Card worth Rs. 23000.
- Best Student Advocate: Rs.5,000 cash prize+ SCC Online Web Edition One Year Access Card worth Rs. 23000.
- Best Researcher: Rs.5,000 cash prize+ SCC Online Web Edition One Year Access Card worth Rs. 23000.
For further queries, feel free to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
- Sharvani Navangul: +91-8969895131
- Niharika Salar: +91-7763809990
Moot Problem: Click Here
Rules & Regulations: Click Here
Timeline: Click Here
He is a scholar of Masters in Diplomacy, Law, and Business at Jindal School of International Affairs; a law graduate; an ardent and passionate writer; an enthusiastic learner; a liberal opinionist, a workaholic, a night owl, and a humble, witty character.