School of Law, CHRIST, Bengaluru, is celebrating its Golden Jubilee year and the 9th National Moot Court Competition, CHRIST’s flagship event in the yearlong celebrations.
About the Moot
The National Moot Court Competition has been a unique platform for legal minds to engage in intricate deliberations and discourse over constitutional law and simultaneously dealing with current happenings in the country and around the world. As we move forward fulfilling this objective yet again, we invite law schools/ colleges/ institutions across the country to take part in the 9th School of Law, CHRIST National Moot Court Competition scheduled from 08 – 10 February 2019.
All law colleges/ institutions/ universities across the country recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the Competition. All participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in Law, i.e., either 3 years or 5-year courses.
Each participating team can comprise either two (2) or three (3) members. In the case of two (2) members, both the members shall be designated as speakers. In the case of three (3) members, two (2) members shall be designated as speakers and one (1) member shall be designated as the researcher.
School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Main Campus, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560 029, Karnataka, INDIA.
Registration Procedure & Fees
School of law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) takes pride in inviting your esteemed University/Institute to be a part of this experience and to participate in the competition. The participating team is requested to duly fill the Online Registration Form by using the link provided below on or before 10th January 2019.
Upon filling the google form with team details, the Moot Court Society shall confirm the team’s participation, and the teams may further complete the payment of registration fee and other procedures in adherence to the rules attached herewith. Only 40 teams shall be entitled to participate in the competition, subject to selection based on first come first serve criteria.
Registration shall be successful upon competition of all formalities mentioned in the Rules. The registration fee (with accommodation) for the Competition is INR 4,500/- (Rupees Four Thousand Five Hundred). The registration fee (without accommodation) for the Competition is INR 3,000/- (Rupees Three Thousand). The fee is payable only by way of DD in favor of “Christ University” payable at Bengaluru.
- Commencement of Registration: 16 December 2018
- Last date for online registration: 10 January 2019
- Last date for receiving copies of Registration Form and Last date for seeking clarifications: 10 January 2019
- Release of clarifications & team codes: 20 January 2019
- Last date for submission of memorials (soft copy & one hard copy): 2 February 2019
- Inauguration, orientation, submission of memorials (five hard copies) & preliminary rounds: 8 February 2019
- Octa-Finals, Quarter-Finals & Semi-Finals: 9 February 2019
- Final Round, valediction and prize distribution: 10 February 2019
- Winners/ Best Team – Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 50,000/-
- Runner-Up/ Second Best Team – Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 25,000/-
- Best Speaker of the Competition – Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Memoranda – Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000/-
For any information regarding the competition and clarifications: email@example.com
- Dr. Shiju MV: +91 – 98997 03105
- Mr. Chetan Dixit Jayantrao: +91 – 82754 48587
- Mr. Mithel Reddy R: +91 – 96329 83839
- Ms Shilpa Sai: +91 – 96638 24904
- Ms. Keerthana Nagaraj: +91 – 78999 29191
For the official website, click here.