The Research Committee is an academic committee consisting of students of Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
The committee and its members seek to provide a platform for scholastic discussions on contemporary as well as potential legal issues in order to analyze the various aspects of law and public policies, subsequently deriving solutions to such issues of law.
Jus Hominum is a peer-reviewed blog maintained by the Research Committee, Jamia Millia Islamia, which envisions to highlight laws, public policies, and their social implications on people and the society at large. The blog is comprehensive, updated on regular basis and is aimed at students, institutions, academic community as well as practitioners of law at national and international level. Needless to state, all submissions shall undergo a rigorous editorial process meant to hone and strengthen the tone and substance of our initiative.
Submission Procedure and Guidelines
- In order to facilitate independent, innovative dialogue on law and their social implications, we warmly invite students, academicians as well as professionals to send in Articles, essays, research papers, criticisms of public policies or judgments, book reviews or case commentaries which deal with recent issues and either explain contemporary trends or identify solutions in a clear and decisive manner to current problems.
- Submissions for the blog shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The same must be emailed to email@example.com, the subject of the email being ‘Submission for blog’, along with a covering letter including the author’s full name, contact information (email address and contact number), the name of their institution/organisation and a short introduction of not more than 200-250 words, outlining the main theme addressed in the composition.
- The blog entries must be strictly in English and in electronic form (submitted in .doc /.docx /.odt formats only).
- Submissions must be made in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 5 line spacing, and endnotes font size 10. Footnotes are not allowed.
- A word limit of 700-1000 words must be strictly followed.
- Any citation/s must conform to the Bluebook (19th Edition).
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism shall lead to disqualification.
- Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for publication. Furthermore, multiple submissions of the same entry, with or without modifications, shall not be entertained.
For regular updates about the activities of the committee, click HERE.
For further information or to seek clarifications, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The same can be done by contacting any of the following:
Convenor, Research Committee, FOL JMI: Mayank Khari (+91- 8447215589)
Co-convenor, Research Committee, FOL JMI: Sami Ahmed (+91- 8486990465)