The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is pleased to announce a National Level Essay Competition and proposes to conduct the CCI National Level Essay Competition 2017-2018 for students pursuing under-graduate and post-graduate degree.
- Growth of Digital Economy- A Challenge for Competition Regulators;
- Eight Years of Competition Law Enforcement in India.
The essay competition is limited to the full-time students of the following two categories:
- Category I would include under-graduate students including students in first three years of an integrated post-graduation course/students of foundation & executive programmes of company secretary exam/students (joining after 12th & not after graduation) of CPT & Intermediate programmes of Chartered Accountant Exam and equivalent.
- Category II would include students pursuing post-graduation and professional degrees/diplomas (not falling in Category I) and Ph.D students.
- Essay entries submitted by the participants must be accompanied with a copy of student Identity Card and Aadhar Card. Please note that entries received WITHOUT a copy of STUDENT IDENTITIY CARD and AADHAR CARD shall be SUMMARILY REJECTED and NO query, correspondence, etc. pertaining to such entries shall be entertained by the Commission under any circumstances.
- Wards and relatives of employees of Competition Commission of India or office of Director General- CCI or Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GOI are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in this competition.
LANGUAGE & DEADLINE:
All Essay Entries must be submitted by 31st October, 2017 in ENGLISH language ONLY.
There is no fee and entry to the competition shall be free.
FORMAT & STRUCTURE OF THE ESSAY:
- The Essay Entries shall have to be on one of the topics provided and should be submitted by the deadline stipulated.
- Co-authored papers of up to two authors are permitted.
- Only ONE ESSAY is allowed per participant or per collaborating team of co-authors. In case of co-authors, prizes will be shared among the team members.
- The essay should be typed on A4 size electronic page with Font Size 12 in Times New Roman, 1.5 interlinear space and margins of one inch (2.54 cm) on all the four sides.
- The essay should not be more than 3000 words including footnotes. There is no minimum word limit; however authors are encouraged to submit essays of not less than 1500 words.
Authors may use any recognized style of referencing system and must be consistently used throughout the essay. The List of References shall include all cited texts throughout the Essay.
PROCEDURE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ESSAYS:
- The entries have to be sent, latest by 31st October, 2017 through e-mail only at email@example.com in ENGLISH language only.
- Subject of e-mail should be “CCI Essay Competition 2017-2018.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays shall be rejected outright. Any form of plagiarism shall result in disqualification of the essay.
- Authors of the essays shall ascertain and attest to the originality of their entry and a disclaimer clause to this effect shall be added.
SCORING OF THE ESSAY:
The essays shall be assessed based on the following:
- Originality and Clarity of Content;
- Quality of the analysis and research;
- Language and Structure of the Essay;
- Grammar, Syntax and Form;
- The quality of language will not be a decisive factor as long as the text retains its clarity and coherence.
Winners will receive prizes as per the following:
- First (No. of Prizes- One) – Rs. 40, 000 [Category I Under-Graduate Students] and Rs. 50, 000 [Category II Post-Graduate Students]
- Second (No. of Prizes- One) – Rs. 20, 000 [Category I Under-Graduate Students] and Rs. 25, 000 [Category II Post-Graduate Students]
- Third (No. of Prizes- One) – Rs. 10, 000 [Category I Under-Graduate Students] and Rs. 15, 000 (Category II Post-Graduate Students]
- Consolation (No. of Prizes- Two) – Rs. 5,000 each [Category I Under-Graduate Students] and Rs. 5,000 each [Category II Post-Graduate Students].
The prize winners shall also be given a certificate each. Names of the winners will be published on CCI’s website and separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winner for receiving the prize in an appropriate programme.
- All the essays submitted shall be the exclusive property of the CCI.
- CCI shall be free to use the information/views therein in any manner it requires.
- CCI shall not be responsible for any essay(s) not received. No essay shall be entertained if received after the deadline.
- Decision of the CCI in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding. NO query, correspondence, etc. in this regard shall be entertained by the CCI.
- Laws of India with jurisdiction of courts at Delhi shall apply to this competition.
Please NOTE that:
- Essays incompatible with the above rules and conditions will not be considered.
- Submission of essays to the competition implies that acceptance of the above terms and conditions by the participant(s).
- Decision of the Commission shall be final and binding in all the matters of the competition.
For further details, please visit CCI’s website (http://www.cci.gov.in).