Last Updated :
About the Seminar
The seminar on Indian Constitution & the New Challenges organized by Bharath Institute of Law, Chennai would be a pertinent forum for the Law Students, Law Graduates, Legal Academicians, Lawyers and Constitutional experts, Political Researchers, Sociologist’s and Economists to present their opinions and research works on the Constitutional Law to bring in comprehensiveness.
- Changing dimensions in the Concept of Federalism
- “State” – Need for Widening the Definition in the changing and challenging environment
- Right to Equality: A changing and extending scope
- Right to Life and Personal Liberty: A conceptual shift
- Freedom of Press and Challenges of New Scientific Development
- Emerging Regime of New Rights and Remedies
- An extending purview of Minorities rights and State Control
- Secularism and Religious Fanaticism
- Separation of Powers: stress and strain
- Women Empowerment: An extending purview
- Inter-State water disputes: Challenges faced
- Constitutional promises on Transgender Rights
- People’s Dissatisfaction towards the nation: A serious Constitutional Threat
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- An abstract not exceeding 500 words shall be submitted for consideration.
- The abstract shall provide for the scheme of the research paper. It must contain the synopsis of the paper, subtitles, and conclusion indicating the author’s perspective. Research papers should apply research skills and must highlight specific research problem.
- Abstracts will be subjected to review and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers shall be submitted as the full paper for the purpose of presentation at the seminar and publication thereto.
- The word limit for full paper shall be 2500-3500. The final paper must contain a cover page with a brief profile of the authors with E-mail ID, Contact number, and address for communication.
- The papers must follow a uniform format of research writing including the footnote. Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with single line spacing.
- One Co-author is permitted. Co-author is also required to pay for all the charges as per the prescribed rates for the participation.
The selected papers will be published as an edited book by a reputed publisher with ISSN number.
- Abstract submission on or before, 10th April 2018
- Communication of Approved Abstracts, 13th April 2018
- Full Paper Submission (Soft-Copy), 21st April 2018
- Payment of Registration fee on or before, 21st April 2018
- Full Paper Submission (Hard-Copy), 28th April 2018
- Seminar on 28th April 2018
- Rs. 1500/- for Students
- Rs. 1700/- for Academicians and Research Scholars
- Rs. 2000/- for Advocates and Other Professionals
(No TA/DA will be provided to the participants and presenters)
Mode of Payment
- All payments shall be made through a DEMAND DRAFT/ NEFT
- All Demand Drafts should be in favor of BHARATH INSTITUTE OF LAW, Payable at Chennai
- BANK NAME: PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: BHARATH INSTITUTE OF LAW
ACCOUNT No. 4557002100001887
IFSC Code PUNB0455700
- The soft copy of Demand Draft should be mailed along with the Full paper submission
- The original Demand Draft should reach the Office of Bharath Institute of Law on or before 21st April 2018.
Bharath Institute of Law,
Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research,
173, Agharam Road, Selaiyur, Chennai – 600 073
All correspondence including abstract, full-paper submission, should be made to:
Mr. M.A Saleem Ahmed, Convener/Organizing Secretary, Assistant Professor
Ph: +91 9994666366
Mr. B. Siva Prasad, Seminar Co-ordinator, Assistant Professor
Ph. +91 9443847951