City Academy Law College, Lucknow is going to organize the National Seminar on Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System.
10th February 2018
City Academy Law College, Tiwariganj, Chinhat, Lucknow
Eminent personalities from various spheres of the legal profession will be attending the seminar to share their perspective and expertise on the issue to be discussed. Through this seminar, we aspire to generate interest, enhance and leverage the understanding of the students in the ongoing dialogue of Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System and its intricate dynamics.
The objective of the seminar is to provide a platform to students of various law schools and members of the allied disciplines to have a qualified discussion on various themes revolving around the topic.
This seminar will provide an opportunity to bring together the curious and inquisitive students to the legal luminaries and professionals who are involved in the area of criminal law. The seminar will be an educative event consisting of invited talks and panel discussions to galvanize the targeted aware citizens for the benefit of the criminal justice system prevailing in the country.
Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System
- Custodial Torture
- Rape Amendment Law
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Section 377 I.P.C and LGBT Rights
- Marital Rape
- Cyber Crimes in India in Consonance with Laws of Developed Countries
- Cyber Terrorism / Hate Speech on Social Media & its Conviction as per Indian Criminal Law
- Capital Punishment – Abduction of Death Penalty
- Criminalization or Decriminalization of attempt to Suicide in India (Section 309 I.P.C)
- Concept of Men’s Rea & Actus Reas
- Justice to Victims & Fair Trial
- Rights of Accused
- Reformation of Criminal Justice System
- Moral Policing in India
- Police Atrocities
- White Collar Crimes
- Organized Crimes
- Economic Crimes
- Honour Killing
Call for Submission
We are looking forward to proposals in the form of Abstracts from all eminent scholar, academicians, practitioners, lawyers, and student to contribute in the Seminar. The Abstract should not only address the key issues but also highlight different views and arguments in the current scenario.
The Abstract should expressly include the novelty of the idea that the writer wishes to put forth. This should furthermore categorically mention the specific outcome of the research paper; however, the Abstract should not increase more than 250 words.
Authors may send their Abstract at firstname.lastname@example.org. Co-authorship up to maximum three Authors is allowed.
The Abstract should not exceed 200 – 250 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Keywords (5 – 8 words)
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institute
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Contact Number
- Cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the College / University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
- Registration Form – All the participants are required to send the scanned copy of the registration form.
- Copy of the scanned Payment Receipt / Draft.
- The soft copies have to be sent at email@example.com
- The hard copies of the cover letter, registration form and the payment receipt to be submitted at the time of physical registration i.e. on 10/02/2018
- The City Academy Law College, City Group of College in keeping with the mandate of publishing original material, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected.
- The selected Author must carry 4 hard copies of their papers, for submission to the panel member, along with ID Card of the concerned University / College.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 pt and line spacing of 1.5
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt with spacing 1.0
- One inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation style: The Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words, (excluding the footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc).
- All the Abstract submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) version 2007 / 2010. The full paper has to be submitted in .pdf format.
- Students: Rs. 750/-
- Professionals, Practitioners, Academicians: Rs. 1000/-
- Students from City Group of College: Rs. 500/-
- Presentation in Absentia: Rs. 1250/-
- Participation / Attendee: Rs. 500/-
The registration fee includes registration kit, lunch, tea break, etc., but does not include accommodation.
Last date for Abstract Submission:
30th December 2017
Communication of selected Abstract:
5th January 2018
Last date for final Submission:
30th January 2018
Late date of Registration Fee:
30th January 2018
10th February 2018
He is a scholar of Masters in Diplomacy, Law, and Business at Jindal School of International Affairs; a law graduate; an ardent and passionate writer; an enthusiastic learner; a liberal opinionist, a workaholic, a night owl, and a humble, witty character.