Jamia Law Journal is the flagship journal of Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues in India. It is blind peer-reviewed annual journal focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing.
The broad remit of the Journal is not restricted to any particular field of law and includes legal as well as policy related contemporary issues, both national and international.
Nature of Submissions
The Jamia Law Journal invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all academicians, judges, and legal professionals from India and abroad, under the following categories –
- Long Articles (8000-10000 words, including footnotes): This category is designed to comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of a particular legal topic, identifying lacunae therein and suggesting solutions to the problem. Long Articles should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Short Articles (4000-6000 words, including footnotes): The Journal includes short works to provide an opportunity for the members of the legal fraternity to keep abreast of new ideas and legal reforms.
In this category, a more comprehensive study of a narrow topic is involved, and the issues must be addressed from a new perspective providing a critical insight on the subject. Articles in this category should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 250 words.
- Notes and Comments (2000-3500 words, including footnotes): An important feature of the Review is the ‘Notes and Comments’. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate.
A comment is limited to critical appraisal of recent judicial decisions, new legislation(enacted or proposed), or policy reform proposals. Short notes should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words. No abstract is required for Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- Book Review(1500-2000 words including footnotes): This section includes the review of any scholarly work recently published in the field of law. No abstract is required for the purpose of a book review.
- General Instructions
- Co-authorship up to 2 co-authors are allowed for Long Articles and Short Articles.
- Co-authorship is not allowed for Notes and Comments, book reviews.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review before any other journal.
- Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication in the Review.
- Submissions that exceed word limit prescribed will not be accepted.
- Submission for Undergraduates is only open in the category of book reviews.
- Submissions are open to Postgraduate students and Research Scholars in all categories.
Deadline for submissions is July 1st, 2018, 11:59 p.m. IST.
- In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the author or institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript or its properties.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman font size 10, with 1.0 line spacing.
- All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Text and footnotes should conform to ILI Rules of Footnoting.
- Submissions with endnotes will be rejected.
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by an abstract. The main body of the manuscript must begin from the second page.
Submission through email
- All submissions must be mailed in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission for Volume 4JLJ.
- PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, academic year (if applicable), qualifications (if applicable), institutional affiliation, the title of the paper, and a declaration to the effect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author.
All queries are to be addressed to email@example.com