Justice Krishna Iyer Free Legal Aid Cell is organizing the First edition of the National Conference on the theme “Rights of Prisoners” at Government Mohindra College, Patiala on 8 September 2018.
Objectives of the Conference
1. To analyze the 2016 amendment made to the Prisons Act, 1894.
2. To study the Modern challenges faced by criminology and updating of procedural laws.
3. To create public awareness program to extend public support in the enforcement and
4. To analyze the issues and challenges executive and judiciary in criminal matters.
5. To provide Legal Aid to the prisoners and create public awareness about the rights of
prisoners mentioned in the Constitution of India.
Call for Papers
Please email your abstract as an MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file without any identifying references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject-line “abstract submission”. The document shall contain the title of the proposed paper, name of the author(s), mobile number and name of the institution(s).
Abstracts are due by 11:59 PM GMT on 5th September 2018.
Abstracts must not exceed 800 words. Co-authorship is allowed. Registration of Co-author is 500 INR.
Payment details – If presenting paper
- Students(U.G and P.G): Rs. 750
- Research scholars and Ph.D. scholars: Rs.1000
- Academicians: Rs.1200
- Others: Rs.2000
Payment details – If not presenting paper
- Students(U.G and P.G): Rs. 800
- Research scholars and Ph.D. scholars: Rs.1100
- Academicians: Rs.1300
- Others: Rs.2200
Account details for payment
Account Holder Name: Manbhav Monga
Account No: 2263000100140250
IFSC Code : PUNB0226300
Bank: Punjab National Bank
Participation in the First edition of the Conference is open to students of the second, third, fourth and fifth year of the five-year undergraduate law degree and second and final year of the three-year law degree.
On successful participation, students will be provided with a participation certificate.
All interested students must pre-register.
Upon preliminary registration, the organizers, subject to availability of seats, shall
share the complete registration details and modalities of payment of the registration
- Last date to send abstracts: 5th September 2018
- Selection of abstracts: 6th September 2018
- Last date for Payment of fees: 5th September 2018
Email Id: email@example.com
- Manbhav Monga at 8847230400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashish Belwal at 7042464293 or email@example.com
For official website, click Here.