The Centre for Criminology and Victimology at National Law University Delhi (NLU Delhi) is organizing a two day National Conference on “Exploring Critical Perspectives in Criminal Law” on 18th-19th June 2018.
Call for Papers:
Abstract in 500-700 words are invited on the following themes for paper presentation:
- The emergence of critical perspectives in criminal law
- Critique of normative and institutional perspectives in criminal law
- Social perspective in criminal law with a focus on stigmatization and wrongfulness of the process
- Limits of criminal law and its present state
- Informal and illegal arrest subversion of due process
- Non Punitive option in Criminal Law
- Positive Obligations in Criminal Law
Submissions must be word-processed and in Times New Roman font (the main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10) with double spacing. All paragraphs must begin with a one- inch indent, and a one-line gap must be maintained between all paragraphs and headings.
For footnotes, Harvard Blue Book (20th edition) citation style must be followed. Co-authorship is limited up to two authors. In case of co-authorship, each author will have to register separately in the event of participation in the conference.
The abstract must be sent on or before 10th May 2018 on the email address email@example.com.
Selection of abstracts will be informed within a week after submission on the website. No paper presentation will be allowed unless all paper is submitted by or before 1 June 2018.
If you are interested in participating, please send the abstract of the paper along with the registration form given below. The registration fee for Students/Researchers is Rs. 500/- and for Faculty Members is Rs. 1000/-. The registration fee may be deposited through online payment.
For further information, you can refer to the detailed conference brochure attached or visit the NLU Delhi website.
Conference Coordinator, Mr. Sidharth Dahiya: 7838782877