Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur and Kavikulaguru Kalidas Sanskrit University, Ramtek jointly organizing a National Seminar on EXPLORING TRADITION FOR INNOVATION IN INDIAN JURISPRUDENCE.
In this Seminar, experts in Law and Shastras will speak on the nature of Dharma described in Dharmashastra, argumentative methods laid down in Nyayashastra and Interpretative rules promulgated in the Mimamsashastra. Various experts hailing from legal and nonlegal backgrounds are expected to grace the seminar and share their experience.
They will include Hon’ble Shri Justice S.A. Bobde, Judge, Supreme Court of India; Hon’ble Shri B.N Srikrishna, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India; Shri P.S. Narasimha, Former Additional Solicitor General for India and Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India; Prof. (Dr.) T.V. Subba Rao, Professor of Law, National Law School of India University, Bangalore and Dr. Bharat Gupta, Member, IGNCA, New Delhi, to name but a few.
1. Role of Shastras in Contemporary Indian Society
2. Concept of Duties and Rights in Indian Society
3. Jurisprudence: Indian and Western Philosophies
4. Interface of Shastras with Modern Law
5. Dynamics of Argumentation in Indian Legal Philosophy
6. Concerns of Modern Jurisprudence and Solution from Indian Wisdom
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts
An abstract (250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the abstract:
Name of the Participant
Official Designation/ institution Details
Address and Email ID
Title of Abstract
The Subject line of Email should read as: “Abstract Submission for National Seminar on Exploring Tradition for innovation in Indian Jurisprudence”.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
1. The title of the paper should be followed by Name of the Author, Designation, Name of the organization/university/institution and Email Address. It is mandatory to mention Email Address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
2. Name and details of Co-author, if any; maximum one co-author is permitted.
3. The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
4. The paper must be in single column layout with the margins justified on both sides.
5. The subheading should be in font size 12, bold and Time New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified
6. The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Time New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
7. The length of the paper should not exceed 6000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
8. All reference must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th edition.
Rules for the Participants
1. No Abstract or Full paper shall be accepted after the last dates of submission, respectively
2. Participants/ Paper Presenter have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees.
3. For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation.
4. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in the seminar.
5. All the registered participants will be provided with participation certificates and Seminar Kits.
Registration Fee for Paper Presentation
Students – Rs. 500/-
Faculties/ Research Scholars – Rs. 1000/-
Professionals/ Others – Rs. 1500/-
Registration Fee for attending the seminar
Students – Rs 500/-
Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars and Others – Rs. 1000/-
Submission of Abstract: January 5, 2019
Confirmation of Abstract Submission: January 10, 2019
Submission of Full Paper: January 31, 2019
Last Date of Registration: February 10, 2019
Seminar Date: February 16, 2019
Prof. (Dr.) Madhusudan Penna – 9860529642 email@example.com
Prof. C. Ramesh Kumar – 8890842846 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ila Sudame – 9970864534 email@example.com
Dr. Dinakar Marathe – 9049379555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Anagha Ambekar – 9850307456 email@example.com
Mr. Sumit Bamhore – 8956645374 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, view the brochure given here.
Click Here for more Articles.
Click Here to write your own Blog/Article on Legal Bites.
We hope you found this useful. Support us by Sharing Your Knowledge. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.
One of the things that have always kept us motivated is that knowledge sharing is essentially an act of giving. And in that sense, it brings a bit of humanity and warmth to an organizational setting. Keep spreading knowledge ………
Team Legal Bites