Vasudev College of Law, Nainital is organizing a two-day National Seminar on “Role of Judiciary in Personal Law Reforms in India: Prospect and Challenges” on 06 & 07 October 2018.
Call for Papers
Research papers / Articles and Case Studies from legal fraternity are invited for
presentation in the National Seminar. Communication of acceptance will be sent to
authors for presentation. Co-authorship is allowed, but each author is required to register and pay the registration fees individually.
- Need for Reforms in Personal Laws in India: An Analysis.
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws is a matter of Legislative Policy.
- Authoritative sources behind Personal Laws in India and Role of Religion to control the Personal Laws.
- Challenging of Personal Laws under Part- III of the Constitution of India.
- Accountability of Secular State for violations caused by the operation of Personal Laws.
- Scope of re-writing the Personal Laws of a community for social reforms.
- Scope of Judicial Interpretation over the matter of Personal Laws based on religious scriptures in India.
- Whether for reforms, it is permissible to change the practices or acts done in
pursuance of religion?
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws vis-a-vis religious communities in India.
- Scope of Introduction of Uniform Civil Code in India.
- Law relating to marriage and status of women.
- Changes in the institution of Marriage.
- Social Legislation and Gender Justice.
- National Commission for Women and its role in Gender Justice.
- Politics of personal law Reforms in India: A Political Narrative.
- Gender equality and its impact on Contemporary Politics.
- Neo-liberal policies and Gender Justice.
Identified issues / Sub-themes are only illustrative. Participants may select related topics covered under the main theme.
Paper and the abstract must be sent on e-mail followed by hard copy of the same
which is to be submitted to the seminar.
Papers can be presented in Hindi or English.
The registration form is given in the concept note below. Participants can send prior information for registration by email on email@example.com.
- Faculty: Rs. 1000
- Research Scholars: Rs 600
- Members from NGO and other organizations: Rs. 1000
- Advocates/Academicians: Rs. 1000
Last date for Abstract: 25th September 2018
Last date for full paper: 2nd October 2018
For any queries and assistance, please contact via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For telephonic queries, please call at +91-9690085732, +91-7456842605
Click Here for official brochure and registration form.