The World Law Forum Global Launch will be held on the 20th of October 2018 in New Delhi, India and will be celebrated by influential leaders in various fields. Coinciding with the World Law Forum Global Launch will be a Conference focussing on SLAPP, a phenomenon which has been on the rise in India in the recent years.
- Raise awareness of the SLAPP phenomenon and explore the applicability and effectiveness of Anti-SLAPP laws;
- Create a dialogue between journalists, lawyers, and policymakers to protect freedom of expression and promote equality;
- Allow for community-building and encourage change makers to join the World Law Forum
- Freedom of expression vs Access to Justice
- Responsible freedom of expression
- Whistle-blowing, Retaliation, and SLAPP
- United Nations: Retaliation and Whistleblowing
- Corporate Governance and Culture Shift
- The emergence of SLAPP in India
- How far do existing laws address SLAPP suits?
- Differentiating legitimate lawsuit and SLAPPs
- Necessity of Anti-SLAPP legislation in India
- Witness and support the launch of World Law Forum
- Hear from influential journalists, human rights advocates, academics, lawyers and have your questions answered by our panel of speakers
- Learn about SLAPP, whistle-blowing and retaliation and relevant domestic and international case studies
- Learn about responsible freedom of expression
- Develop an understanding of Anti-SLAPP laws around the world and their effectiveness
- Gain insight on the SLAPP phenomenon and the applicability of Anti-SLAPP laws from other jurisdictions in the context of India
- Network with leaders of now and leaders of tomorrow.
- Obtain one free annual World Law Forum membership
Who should attend?
- Students (law, humanities, political science, international relations, communications)
- Members and Supporter of NGOs
- Civil Servants
- Ram Jethmalani: Senior Advocate & Member of Parliament
- Rajeev Dhavan: Senior Advocate & Eminent Jurist
- Aman Lekhi: Additional Solicitor General, Government of India
- Madhu Trehan: Founder – Newslaundry
- Sidharth Varadarajan: Founder – The Wire
- Paranjoy Guha Thakura: Senior Journalist
- Rajshree Chandra: A/Professor, University of Delhi
- Sunita Narain: Editor – Down to Earth
- Sucheta Dalal*: Managing Editor, Moneylife
- Dilip Cherian: Consulting Partner, Perfect Relations
- Suhel Seth: Managing Partner, Counselage India
- Professionals: INR 2800
- Young Professionals: INR 1800
- Students: INR 900
- Young Professionals are persons of 29 years of age or below at the time of the conference.
- Students are persons enrolled in a full-time course/degree at an accredited university. There is no restriction on age.
- Young Professional and Student ticket holders are required to present a valid ID/Student card on the day of the conference in order to enjoy subsidized rates and be admitted. Amounts include GST but exclude Town script transaction fee. Please refer to our Town script registration page for the total amount payable.
NCUI Auditorium 3, August Kranti Marg Siri Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110016
Date & Time
October 20 from 9 PM to 5 PM