Writing is a proclivity that a lawyer must never detach from himself, and thus, each year, the Magazine Committee of Government Law College, Mumbai, organizes a national level legal essay writing competition, The Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition.
The Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition is sponsored in the memory of Late Mr. Dinesh Vyas, one of GLC’s most distinguished alumni, who obtained his LLB degree from Government Law College in 1967.
The Magazine Committee of the Government Law College now invites entries for the same.
The topics this year are:
- Comment upon the Criminal Law Amendment Bill, 2018 which provides for a death penalty for rapists of girls below age twelve.
- Discuss the necessity and scope of legal provisions for the supervision and regulation of virtual cryptocurrency platforms.
- Elucidate on the need to protect the identity of the victims of sexual abuse with reference to the judgment in Sampurna Behrua v. Union of India.
- With reference to the PIL moved by the Sardar Patel Sevadal before the High Court of Gujarat, comment on the consequences of a permanent State Backwards Classes Commission.
- Comment on the retrospective amendment made by the Finance Bill, 2018 to the Foreign Contributions (Regulations) Act, 2010 which exempts political parties from the scrutiny of foreign funds.
3500 – 5000 words
The deadline for entries is 31st October 2018.
- 1st Place: Rs. 12,000/-
- 2nd Place: Rs. 9,000/-
- 3rd Place: Rs. 7,000/-
In case of any queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, contact: Kanika Kulkarni – +91 82912 77488