This competition is an academically-led article writing competition and reviews high-quality research work on different themes.
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow which was established in 1921 has been a pioneer institution in India in the field of legal education. Under the astute leadership of Prof. R.U. Singh who also drafted the Constitution of Nepal, the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow had made tremendous strides in the field of law and contributed immensely to legal research under his enthusiasm and vision.
As a tribute to Prof. R.U. Singh, the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow proudly announces ‘Dr. R.U. Singh Memorial National Legal Article Writing Competition, 2017’.
This competition is an academically-led article writing competition and reviews high-quality research work on the themes provided below:
- Triple Talaq and Uniform Civil Code
- Minorities and Constitutional Government
- International Law and Policies of Trump’s Government: A Critical Appraisal
- Judicial Hierarchy and Federal Government: An Appraisal
- Is Judiciary really independent?
Note: Students have to write articles only on the above-mentioned themes.
No registration fee is to be paid by the participants.
Students pursuing LL.B (3 years or 5 years)/LL.M courses from any recognized university or college including students of Lucknow University and affiliated colleges can participate in the competition.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- The essay must be written in ENGLISH.
- Only ONE ESSAY per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is PERMITTED only up to two authors.
- Only original and non-plagiarized essay will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any sort of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
- Identification mark must NOT be found in any part of the essay.
- All submission should be in MS WORD file format only.
- The word limit of the essay is 1500 to 5000 words.
- The essays must be typed in Times New Roman with Font Size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. Footnoting may be done with Times New Roman with Font Size 10 with 1.0 line spacing.
- The citation must strictly adhere to the Harvard Blue Book Citation Style, 19th Edition.
All submissions shall be made to firstname.lastname@example.org in soft copy in the prescribed manner along with details of participants on the front page. The deadline for submission is 20th September, 2017. NO SUBMISSIONS MADE AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
PRIZES & REWARDS:
Certificates of Merit for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prizes;
Consolation Prizes to the next 10 (Certificate of Appreciation);
Certificate of Participation to all the participants.
The authors by submitting their articles would be deemed to have divested the copyright to Dr. R.U. Singh Memorial National Legal Article Writing Competition, 2017.
In case of any queries, send an e-mail to email@example.com or please contact
Saksham Agarwal, Student Convener- 9616518305
Shreet Raj Jaiswal, Student Convener- 7081165516