ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
NorthCap University is organizing a 5 Day “Faculty Development Programme on Legal
Research and Teaching Methodologies in Contemporary Era” from 05.06.2017 at The
NorthCap University, Gurugram. The present workshop would be highly useful for not only to the fresh researchers and teachers in the University/college but it can also provide a platform for the senior faculty members to share their experience regarding research and teaching.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF LAW, NCU
NCU School of Law is one of the leading law schools in Delhi/ NCR and encourages selected students to be academically sound in an enabling atmosphere conducive to their all-round development. The vision of School of Law is to be ranked amongst some of the best law schools of India and the most preferred private university destination for law aspirants. School of Law at The NorthCap University provides the highest quality professional legal education to equip the students for a transnational practice and to face the challenges posed by the internationalization of legal profession.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF FDP:
The FDP aims at training aspirants who are desirous to improve their teaching as well as research skills and shall cover the following aspects of teaching and research:
- To provide in depth understanding about pedagogy of research and teaching in the domain of Law.
- To have an understanding about preparing the syllabi and Course module.
- To have a knowledge of assessment standards and practices.
- To provide understanding about various methods of research and to make them aware about role of legal research in the development of law.
- To enhance research capabilities of faculty members especially pertaining to empirical research.
- The workshop strives to instill the basic skill of identifying research problems, planning and executing legal research projects and of appreciating the problems associated therewith.
- To have first hand practical experience of learning methods of sampling, data collection and data tabulation and analysis using recent software like SPSS
- To have an understanding about research ethics and reporting of research findings
- To Know the effective methods of avoiding plagiarism
- To equip them with use of Computer, internet for academic Research.
- The workshop will build within the young scholars the basic research skills so that they can plan and pursue legal and interdisciplinary research in future.
- The faculty members will be able to come out with quality research work that can be published in reputed journals at national and international level with the guidance of experts.
- The knowledge acquired from experts will be percolated to the students and ultimately benefiting them.
Members of faculty and researchers in the law schools/colleges/universities, who have inclination towards legal research and teaching, are invited to participate in the workshop. The intake of participants will be 25 and short listing will be on ‘First Come First Serve Basis’.
Last date of registration – 02/06/2017
Participation Fee: Rs.2000/- (for Faculty) & 1500/- (for Research Scholars) Gurugram.
The Mode of payment shall be Demand Draft (DD), in favour of “The NorthCap” University” payable at Gurugram.
Last date of acceptance of Registration form and Demand Draft is 02/06/2017. Scanned copy of the DD to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizing committee shall facilitate the participants in getting accommodation at University hostels at nominal charges at their request.
Venue: The NorthCap University, Sec-23A, Gurugram
For Brochure Click Here
Author: Mayank Shekhar
Mayank is a student at Faculty of Law, Delhi University. Under his leadership, Legal Bites has been researching and developing resources through blogging, educational resources, competitions, and seminars.