“Into Legal World”, a Legal Media takes pride in announcing its First Short Essay Writing Competition. The objective of the competition is to find out the solution to malpractices prevailing in judicial system. This will provide a platform to law students for putting forth their views regarding the above. This will also enhance their writing capabilities as these essays will be published on our website.
Topic of the Essay Competition
“Reform in Judicial System”
Students pursuing under-graduate (three/five year) or post-graduate law degrees from any law school/ university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the Competition.
Registration Fee- No Registration Fee
(Interested participants shall drop a confirmation mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Procedure of payment will be conveyed thereafter through e-mail)
Consent of Participation shall be mailed to email@example.com with the following details:
1. Name of the participant
2. Year and Course (UG/PG)
3. Name of the College/University
4. Contact Number
After submitting your details you’ll get your UIN (Unique Identity Number) which will be proof of your registration. Use this UIN for further transactions.
Unique Identity Number (UIN)
Unique identity Number (UIN) shall be provided to all the participant who have submitted their consent for registration. Once UIN is provided, the participants are requested to use their Unique Identity Number throughout the competition.
Result will be announced in respect to UIN.
- Submission shall be made only in MS-Word format (.doc/.docx). PDF format shall not be accepted.
- Submission shall be in English language.
- Submission shall be typewritten in an A4 sized document with 1-inch margin on all sides and be justified. Heading and sub headings of the submission shall be in Font Style Times New Roman & Font Size 12. Further, footnotes shall be in Font Style Times New Roman & Font Size 10. Participant has to adopt a uniform style of citation throughout the document.
- Submission should be 1.5 spaced (except footnotes shall be single-spaced).
- Word limit of the submission is 1,000 – 1,500 words (excluding footnotes).
- Any submission found to be plagiarized shall be disqualified from the Competition.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Any previously published entry would entitled to disqualification.
- Copyright of the submission shall remain with Into Legal World.
- In case of any conflicts, the Into Legal World (ILW) shall be the final authority on the guidelines.
Grounds of Disqualification
- Submission found to be previously published.
- Submission found to be plagiarized.
- Submission found to be Co-authored.
- Mentioning of Name, University, Contact Number or any other personal details in the essay shall be disqualified.
- Submission with abusive contents.
Deadlines to Remember
The last date for submission and registration for the competition is 30th June, 2017.
The result will be announced on our website on 2nd October, 2017.
Awards and Prizes
The following awards will be given out for the best performances:
- 1st Prize – Scholarship of Rs. 7,000/- every year. Upto 3 Years and Certificate*
- 2nd Prize – Scholarship of Rs. 5,000/- every year. Upto 3 years and Certificate*
- 3rd Prize – Scholarship of Rs. 4,000/- every year. Upto 3 years and Certificate*
- Gift hampers will be provided to first 100 participants.
- Internship opportunity will be provided to winners.
- Participation Certificate will be provided to all the participants.
- 3 Best Essays will be published on News Times Network
- A Wall Chart on Fundamental Rights will also be provided to first 100 participants.
* Terms and Conditions
Who is entitled for scholarship?
Top 3 highest marks scoring participants will be entitled for Scholarship.
How scholarship money will be distributed?
Winner of the Essay Competition will be awarded total of INR 21, 000/-.
Second winner of the Essay Competition will be awarded total of INR 15, 000/-
Third winner of the Essay Competition will be awarded total of INR 12, 000/-
Scholarship will be provided for the maximum term of 3 year for the participant who is pursing undergraduate/Post Graduate Course recognised by Bar Council of India.
Scholarship will be given to eligible participants during completion of their Course. Scholarship will not be extended after completion of their course.
Scholarship money may be given monthly or yearly based on the feasibility of News Times Network.
Scholarship may be aborted if the candidates found to be involved in criminal activities.
Who is sponsoring Scholarship?
Scholarship is sponsored by News Times Network.
Gift Hamper shall include News Time Post magazine.
For any query, contact:
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Mayank Shekhar
Mayank is a student at Faculty of Law, Delhi University. Under his leadership, Legal Bites has been researching and developing resources through blogging, educational resources, competitions, and seminars.