About the Moot
GD Goenka University is organizing GD Goenka-CIArb (India) International Commercial Arbitration Competition 2019 during November 8-10, 2019.
The Chief patron for this event is Dr. Lalit Bhasin Sr. Advocate Supreme Court of India, President CIArb (India), President Bar Association of India & Society for Indian Law Firms (SILF). The event is expected to have participation from about 50 Law Schools and Universities from across India & abroad.
Students duly enrolled and pursuing full time 5 years or 3 years undergraduate law course from India or from a foreign university with the law as major may apply to participate in G.D. Goenka-CIArb(India) International Commercial Arbitration Competition, 2019.
Students enrolled and pursuing a post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses in law are not eligible to apply.
Team size and other information
- A team shall consist of a maximum of three members that must include two Speakers and one researcher.
- Any team, intending to change the team composition of the team shall intimate the Governing Council by sending an e-mail at arbitrationmoot[at]gdgoenka.ac.in. However, this change is allowed only once and before 31st October 2019, 04:00 P.M.
- Any person, other than three registered team members is not eligible to avail facilities reserved for the student participants.
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case any unforeseen event. The prior written permission of the organizers of competition in such case shall be mandatory. The changes shall be informed to the registration committee at the time of registration.
School of Law, GD Goenka University, Gurugram, Haryana, India.
- Each team shall register to the G.D. Goenka-CIArb(India) International Commercial Arbitration Competition, 2019, by sending a scanned copy of duly filled registration form.
- On receipt of the duly filled registration form, Travel and Accommodation form the institute shall respond to the participating team, acknowledging the receipt.
- After the deadline for the registration expires, the Governing Council shall respond to each registered team, as specified under clause 3.1.1, with a unique team code, which shall be used to identify the teams during the competition.
- The registration fee for the competition is INR. 4500 (In words- Rupees Four Thousand Five Hundred Only) inclusive of GST @18%, which includes accommodation and food for the competition days, library, Wi-Fi and any other facilities provided by the institute to its discretion.
- The registration fee for the ‘G.D. Goenka-CIArb(India) International Commercial Arbitration Competition, 2019’ is to be paid through NEFT transfer or through Paytm. No other payment method shall be accepted.
- Any additional charges incurred by the team while making the wire transfer are to be borne by the team.
- All teams must email a scanned copy of the receipt generated on completion of the NEFT transfer at arbitrationmoot[at]gdgoenka.ac.in.
- Last date for requesting clarification on Moot Problem: 19th September 2019
- Last date for Submission of Memorial in Softcopy: 23rd October 2019
- Date of Competition- 8-10 November 2019
- Ms. Mehak Batra (Assistant Professor) +91-8930515575
- Mr.Abhay Singh Thakur (Assistant Professor) +91-7044070150
- Ms. Megha Shawani (Student Convenor) +91-9643415438
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details about this Competition is available on an exclusive website made for this purpose.
To visit, click here
Event Submitted By: Megha Shawani
Relevant links –
- Drafting of a Perfect Moot Court Memorial – Learn Here
- How To Prepare For A Moot Court Competition | Part I – Moot Court Memorial
- Sample Moot Court Memorial