Elenchus Law Review is a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal published biannually by the Centre for Economy Development, and Law (CED & L), Government Law College, Thrissur, Kerala. Elenchus Law Review (ISSN: 2395-034X; E-ISSN: 2456-9798) is now inviting papers to be published in its third volume (Volume 3, Issue 1 & Volume 3, Issue 2).
The Journal aims to be a medium that involves, promotes and engages students, academicians and legal fraternities to express and share their ideas and opinions on themes and methodologies relating to the interface of law and society.
The upcoming issues are to focus on review of major legal and political events of the year 2017, though other interdisciplinary academic research papers also are welcome. We encourage research, drawing on a variety of theoretical bases, research methodologies, and disciplines and attempt to ensure an eclectic method to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas.
The journal welcomes submissions from law students, judges, lawyers as well as academicians. With a view to encouraging interdisciplinary erudition, it also welcomes submissions from experts from other disciplines.
- Articles are academic writings which discuss and analyze an original legal issue or problem. Elenchus Law Review considers Article submissions of all lengths but gives preference to Article submissions of fewer than 10,000 words. Elenchus accepts writing if it is around 3,000 words without footnotes as an essay, but this shall be limited as long as it advances an idea, or initiates analytical discussion.
- Notes and reviews (including book reviews) and comments can be submitted on any legal or policy development like a new legislation, judicial decision or policy. However, the length of such writings shall not exceed 4500 words, but preferably of 3500 words.
Citation Style as prescribed in our style sheet and general guidelines on submission formats.
- All submissions should be made in electronic format only, in an MS Word document. The manuscripts should contain footnotes and not end-notes.
- The manuscripts can either be emailed to email@example.com (put the words “To the Editor” in the subject line) or be sent in a disk to The Editor, Elenchus Law Review, Govt. Law College Thrissur, Ayyanthole, Thrissur – 03, Kerala, India. Please ensure that the disk is virus free, and is not corrupted.
- Articles must be accompanied by the declaration (stating that the manuscript is an original work of the author and is not published elsewhere).
- An Abstract of 500 words giving a brief summary of the article, title page with a descriptive title of the article, the names of all the Authors and their highest academic degrees and any other relevant professional and academic affiliations, the full address as well as email address for the corresponding Author and bibliography. A brief note about the Author shall be attached to the mail if required.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 1st March 2018.
Mr. Abhilash Gopinath
Assistant Professor of Law & Director, CED & L
Mr. Ameya M.R.
Research Assistant, CED&L