GST Manthan is a first of its kind event on Goods and Service Tax aimed to educate and start a dialogue about GST.
Law Centre II, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi & GST Street together have conceptualized the biggest event on GST yet.
GST Manthan will be a coming together of Big Corporates, CEOs, Legal Minds, Taxation Experts, Eminent Professors, Bureaucrats, Senior Executives and the Judiciary.
As the word “Manthan” goes, the event aims to stir up a dialogue on the New Indirect Tax Regime in the country and further raise awareness about it.
GST Manthan is designed to achieve its goal with a 3 tier approach to GST.
1) SAMVAÀD (International Round Table on GST)
2) GST Adalat (India’s 1st National Moot Trial on GST)
3) 1st National Essay Writing Competition on GST (An estimated over 2000 Law Students across India would be writing an essay on various topics related to GST & winners would be rewarded with a Cash Prize)
GST Manthan will pave way for the future course of Indirect taxes in India by nurturing the minds of Young Law Students and making them stakeholders of tomorrow.
The competition is open to all students pursuing LL.B (3/5 year) from any Law School/University/College recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Any one of the following:
- Impact of GST on revenue of States after 5 years
- GST vis-à-vis Cooperative Federalism
- GST Council and State Autonomy
- GST with multiple tax rates – boon or bane?
Participants have to email their essay to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 PM, January 31, 2018.
Cover Page must contain – Name of Participant, Address, Email, Mobile, Class, and Name of College/University with the address.
Mail subject title should be “1st National Essay Writing Competition 2018 – Participant Name”
The submitted essay cannot be more than 1000 words; entries crossing the limit will stand rejected.
The full list of guidelines is in the brochure given below.
Last date for submission: January 31, 2018
Declaration of results: First week of February
- First Prize: Rs. 10,000
- Second Prize: Rs. 7,500
- Third Prize: Rs. 5,000
- 5 Consolation Prizes will also be awarded.
Ms. Ayushi Syngal: 8920030478
Mr. Vijay Pujari: 7981778079
Ms. Supriya Mondal: 8860664505
Mr. Vikas Sachdeva: 9999307090