Last Updated on by Admin LB
One of the favorite pastimes in India is watching cricket matches. This sport is a national game that plays an important role in people’s lives. Also, it should be added that along with this sport, Indians love to place bets. For this reason, so many bookmakers want to promote their services in this country.
Many users are frightened by the fact that gambling is prohibited in India, that is, casinos. But the question arises, are online betting also subject to regulation by law? You can find out about this in our article.
The current situation with online betting in India
In 1867, a law was passed in India that prohibited any kind of gambling activity. Since then, there are no land-based casinos or bookmakers in the country. States issued other laws that somehow controlled gambling payments, the media, and other areas.
However, it is important to note that the country’s Constitution does not say anything about online betting sites. This indicates that there are no explicit prohibitions. It is worth mentioning that it is impossible to conduct a gambling business in the country. This is the answer to the question of why there are no open bookmakers in the country.
Also, a feature of Indian legislation is that each state has the right to decide for itself how it relates to online sports betting. Thus, for example, the situation in Sikkim State is improving. The state leadership is gradually legalizing various types of gambling and betting on various sports. While in the state of Maharashtra, the situation is a little different. There, people can only gamble on sports that count as games of skill. For example, these are horse races. Betting on games where luck is the main thing is prohibited. There are states where any gambling activity is completely prohibited.
How do Indians place bets?
However, all Indians are calmly betting online in India. How does it come out? India’s legislation does not apply to foreign platforms. You can find more information about legal online betting at Plusbet.
Another question that scares many Hindus is whether they will be held accountable for breaking the law? The answer is no. Because India has never passed a law that prohibits sports betting. Rather, they are related to casinos. In the history of the country, there has not been a single case when a user of a foreign bookmaker was tried. Therefore, it can be legal to bet in India.
What will be with betting in the future?
It is obvious that India is losing a lot without legalizing gambling and online betting. This could affect the country’s overall income since people did not invest in foreign bookmakers but in domestic ones. On the other hand, these are new jobs, people satisfaction, a higher percentage of attending sporting events, and other benefits.
So why doesn’t India legalize online sports betting? The answer is not clear. There are now reasons to believe that the situation will improve. Since many states are already starting to slowly allow bets. However, it will take a long time for the whole country to become open to betting. At the moment, there is no information that the country is holding negotiations or discussions in this regard.
Top-5 best legal bookmakers in India
Below we want to provide the top 5 best legal bookmakers in India. Why are they legal? Because the platforms have international licenses that guarantee their reliability and security. Also, these bookmakers have many advantages over their competitors. Among them:
The best bookmaker in India is Betway. It is focused on this country, for which all users love it. Among its main advantages:
- An adapted payment system that includes all the most popular and demanded payment options;
- Guaranteed protection, security, reliability, and honesty. Thousands of positive comments and high ratings;
- Unique design and well-thought-out interface.
Another worthy bookmaker is 22Bet. It offers its clients the highest level of service. Among the advantages of the platform:
- Favorable bonus system for all players. Registration bonus reaches Rs 10,000;
- Effective support service, which is available via chat or email at any time of the day;
- Huge selection of sports events and a wide betting market.
An experienced bookmaker who has proven its reliability over time. 10Cric has thousands of regular users for a reason. The reason for this is its advantages:
- Has a reputation as the bookmaker with the fastest withdrawals of winnings;
- High-quality mobile application for Android and iOS users;
- Convenient payment system, which includes at least all demanded payment methods.
Parimatch is a global sports betting site. It is known in almost every country, which speaks of its high quality. Here you will find benefits such as:
- A huge list of tournaments and matches, which includes cricket and even e-sports;
- The bookmaker is distinguished by its design and excellent interface. New players will be able to quickly figure out what’s what;
- There are all the necessary and unnecessary payment methods here.
The 5th place in our top is occupied by Casumo. The platform is constantly evolving and comes up with something new for its users. In India, it is immensely popular for its benefits:
- The bookmaker offers a welcome bonus of up to INR 10,000;
- You will be able to make deposits instantly, and withdraw funds no more than 3 days;
- Effective customer support along with a help section.
Is it legal to bet in India?
Yes, this is legal, since there is no such law in the Constitution. Indians constantly use the services of foreign bookmakers.
Which betting sites are legal?
We advise you to use bookmakers that have a special license. Among them: Betway, Parimatch, 22Beth, Casumo, and 10Crik.
Is sports betting likely to be legal in India?
Yes, as many states in the country have already legalized betting on certain sports. However, many states, on the contrary, oppose legalization.
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination