Indian National Bar Association (INBA) is pleased to announce its International Academic Tour for Indian Law Students to the USA from Feb 11 – 22, 2018.
Purpose of tour
This tour has been planned to provide law students an overview of Legal Education & Practice in the USA and to acquaint them with the Judicial and Parliamentary system of both the countries. This tour will also include the discussion on opening the gates to the foreign legal market in India and promoting good relations among the countries.
Benefits to Law Students
- Opportunity to visit Law Schools in USA
- Opportunity to learn about USA Legal Education.
- Interaction with the Faculty of Law Schools
- Interaction with law Students of USA
- Visit to United Nation, US Courts etc
- Learn about pursuing higher legal education in the USA
- Lectures by various Professionals
- Certificate of completion
- Learn about American Bar Exam
- Interaction with USA Law Firms & Lawyers
- Learning opportunities for global practice
Important Guidelines & Information
Maximum number of students to be selected
- Students of 2nd, 3rd, 4th Year & 5th Year from Five Year integrated LL.B Courses and Students of 2nd and 3rd Year from Three Year LL.B course are eligible.
- Should be proficient in speaking and understanding English.
- Must have received a Non-Objection Certificate from his/her college for the tour.
- Must have consent from parents and an undertaking duly signed by them.
- Must have an Indian Passport with validity up to 1 years.
- To and fro economy class air travel as mentioned in the itinerary
- Baggage Allowance as per the airline policy
- To and fro Airport Transfers
- Lectures by law School Faculty on different topics
- Certificate of completion by INBA
- Workshops by International Law Institute, Washington DC
- Visit to Courts of USA
- Visit to United Nations Headquarters
- Visit to Statue of Liberty, Liberty Island
- Visit to Law Colleges/Universities in the USA
- Visit to Law Firm Offices in the USA
- Visit to the Bar Association’s office
- Accommodation & Food during the tour
- A letter of Visa
- Visa Fees
- Any Increase in Airfare, Visa Fees, Airport Taxes, Govt. Taxes, Fuel Surcharges and any of new Taxes from Government.
- Cost of Air ticket deviation charges.
- Any increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all arrangements which may come into effect prior to departure
- Cost of pre or post tour hotel accommodation & sim card (and calls made during the tour)
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of an individual due to illness, accident, hospitalization, or any personal emergency or any medical insurance
- Any service or activity charges (including entrance fees) other than those included in the itinerary
- To and fro Air Fare, Airport Transfers, Visa fees to join/leave the group and Airport snack hamper for joining and leaving guests
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the “inclusions” column
- Please read the terms and conditions before applying
- Last date to apply for the tour: 25 December 2017
- Releasing the names of shortlisted candidates: 28 December 2017
- Last date for the payment of application or reservation charges: 3 January 2018
- Last date for the full payment: 10 January 2018
- Allotment of VISA letters: 13 January 2018
Cost & payment of the tour
- The total cost of the tour to USA is INR 2,20,000 (Including Visa Cost).
- To confirm their participation in the tour, one has to pay upfront initial reservation charges of INR 50,000 latest by 3rd January 2018.
- Last Date to make remaining amount is 10th January 2018.
INBA members entitled to get INR 20000 discount on the total fees.
Payment to be made in favor of Indian National Bar Association through/DD/Cheque and online transfer.
The following documents are compulsory to be attached to the mail:
- Updated CV
- Scanned copy of the previous semesters/year’s results
- Scanned copy of college Id Card
Documents required after selection
- Filled up registration form (will be provided by INBA)
- Non-objection certificate from college/university
- Duly signed Consent Letter & Undertaking from Parents/Guardians (Draft undertaking will be provided by INBA)
- Scanned Copy of Passport (First & Last Page)
Things to carry/email at the time of booking
- Xerox copy of the FIRST and LAST page of the passport, with validity for minimum 1 years from the date of arrival at the destination (of all the guests who are traveling).
- Xerox copy of VISA
- Registration / Full Payment or Proof of Payment. (As Applicable)
- College ID card
Note: Original documents can be asked if required
Awarding of Certificate
Certificate of completion will be awarded to the student only after the submission of a report by him/her based on what he/she has learned from the academic tour.
- For detailed information about weather kindly visit accuweather.com.
- Original Passport with minimum 1 years validity from the date of tour arrival along with sufficient blank pages for the stamping of visa. Handwritten passport is not acceptable
- A valid conference VISA for the duration of tour (VISA letters will be provided by INBA)
Things to carry along on the Tour
- Mobile phone with appropriate sim card or international roaming.
- If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of medicines with a prescription.
- Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries please carry lotions, hand sanitizer, camera etc. and woolens.
- For the smooth VISA application, the VISA will be applied in group in the New Delhi Consulate of USA [only]
- The student has to visit the consulate for the personal interview which is mandatory for his/her own expenses.
- Indian National Bar Association shall provide Invitation Letters, Flight details and other necessary details after receipt of full payment to ease the Visa Process.
- On receipt of the required document, you are required to complete all Visa formalities as per the USA Immigration Department.
- Indian National Bar Association bears no liability in case of VISA being denied.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi will be the only port of departure, and rights are reserved for Airline Selection.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If a student cancels his/her Participation for the tour no amount will be refunded (except in the case of Visa Refusal)
- Air tickets issued on group fares are not refundable and guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the guest will be paid after INBA receives a refund from the respective service providers.
- Jayant Bhardwaj; Contact: +91-9643818515; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sahil Chopra; +91-7838474837; Email: email@example.com