Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is going to organize the International Conference on Arbitration and Conciliation: Challenges and New Horizons.
20th October 2019
Juris Hall, University of Lucknow, New Campus, Jankipuam
About the Conference:
The Philosophy of the ADR system is well stated by Abraham Lincoln: “Discourage litigation, persuade your neighbor to compromise whenever you can. Point out to them how the normal winner is often looser in fees, expense, cost and time.” Litigation does not always lead to a satisfactory result. It is expensive in terms of time and money. A case won or lost in the court of law does not change the mindset of litigants who continue to be adversaries and go on fighting in appeals after appeals. ADR system enables the change in the mental approach of parties.
The conference thus focuses on the development of ADR in evolving progression and its impact on exiting judicial and commercial aspects in the global scenario.
Major Themes of the Conference:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution System
- Role of judiciary in ADR
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Legislation and ADR Practices in India
- Emerging issues in Arbitration, Conciliation, Mediation, and Negotiation
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Award
- Mediation in Family and Matrimonial Disputes
- Online Disputes Resolution
- The role of an Arbitral Institute and Emerging trends in International Arbitration
- Any other theme related to ADR
Call for Papers:
Academicians, lawyers, scholars and members of civil society are hereby invited to contribute papers for the International Conference. The contributions may be forwarded in soft copy only according to the schedule provided hereunder. However, the prior registration would be necessary so as to ensure proper arrangement in the conference as the whole. The prospective participants are also expected to forward their itinerary well in advance. No TA/DA shall be provided by the University and therefore the participants should obtain the same from their respective institutions.
Soft copy of papers and abstract may kindly be forwarded to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Co-authorship is allowed upto two and each Author has to register separately.
The registered participants only shall be allowed to present their papers in the conference subject to the submission of complete papers in due course of time. Papers received after the stipulated deadline shall not be entertained for participation in the conference.
- The papers should be developed and written in a symmetrical way of responding to the theme of the conference. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The paper should not be more than 5000 words. The abstract should not be more than 250 words. Papers are acceptable both in English and Hindi. The paper must be typed in the font of Times New Roman or Kruti Dev. Footnotes shall be in the size of 10 pt. Line spacing shall be 1.5 inches. A uniform style of Citation shall be there. Personal details of the Author shall be given only on the front page.
- Selected papers will be published in a book containing ISBN No.
- The Registration fee for the Conference is Rs. 500/- for students and Rs. 700/- for research scholars and Rs. 1000/- for academicians & others. No TA/DA shall be provided. Registration fees shall be deposited through NEFT or RTGS. On spot, registration shall be of Rs. 600/- for students and Rs 800/- for research scholars, and Rs. 1100/- academicians and others.
- Fee for international student delegate is US $50 and for others, it is US $100 and the payment has to be paid through online mode.
- Accommodation and food shall be provided to them. Prior registration is compulsory for international delegates.
Last date for submission of abstracts:
10th October 2019
Last date for submission of papers:
15th October 2019
Prof. Mohammad Ahmad
Mr. Saksham Agarwal
Mr. Sachin Verma
Mr. Vinay Kumar Yadav
Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow