ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION, 2017
National Law University Odisha (NLUO) has brought to you an International Essay Competition on “Securities and Competition Law” in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys.
National Law University Odisha in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys.
The National Law University Odisha (NLUO) is a vibrant addition to India’s national law universities. Within the short span, NLUO has made its mark as a university engaged in teaching and research in law. The University has received recognition from the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 12(b) of the UGC Act 1956 and has been receiving grants under the XIIth Plan. Its degrees offered are recognised by the Bar Council of India. It is also an associate member of the UGC-INFLIBNET, and a participant in the National Knowledge Network under the Ministry of Information Technology and Communication, Government of India.
Surana & Surana International Attorneys is a law firm with over 70 lawyers and consultants, which was established in the year 1971.Their practice area includes Arbitration, Corporate Law, Corporate Compliance, Civil, Criminal Litigation and so on.
The essay competition is open to is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ Law Schools/ College/ Institute in India.
The theme for the International Essay Competition is Securities and Competition Law.
The following sub-themes have been identified as requiring academic consideration –
- Insider trading and its implications on Competition law
- Mergers and Competition law
- Market disrupters in the Indian Market
- Development of the essential facilities doctrine in the Indian Market
No registration fee is to be paid by the participants.
- Abstract – 200 words including title and keywords.
- Essay – 2000 words, excluding footnotes and abstract.
- The submission should include Abstract, Essay, and Bibliography.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subjected to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com
- NO SUBMISSIONS MADE AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Note – Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
Deadline for Submission through Email – September 15th, 2017.
For any queries, interested participants are requested to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact the following –
Ms. Torsha Sarkar, Student Convener, Organising Committee (Surana and Surana Essay Competition) – (+91) 9439474480.
Ms. Mamta Jaim , Co-Convenor, Organising Committee (Surana and Surana Essay Competition), (+91) 9439474183.
Posted By – Ashish Gupta
(Campus Amicus @ Legal Bites)