Law Mantra, NLUJAA, MNLU-A and ICJ-London are organising a One Day International Seminar on Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges, 12th January 2019 at The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges
The main objectives of the issue will be:
- Promotion of international, comparative and global research, advocacy, law reform and policy initiatives on women and child rights;
- Opening up a global discussion on ‘children, development and governance’ from a child rights perspective;
- Research, advocacy, education and policy engagement on women and child right;
- To bring together researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to discuss problems, disseminate learning, and share international lessons – learned, existing policy research, and studies on various social protection schemes which, in particular, impact women and children.
The present seminar is aiming at highlighting different issues underlining women and children. We welcome different stakeholders, activists, academicians, researchers, lawyers, medical professionals and bureaucrats. This seminar is a noble initiation of Law Mantra in association with National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam and Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad. We are considering this seminar as a platform to initiate the RIGHT discourse, expecting thought-provoking, multidisciplinary, quality research papers.
Themes for Seminar
- Child Protection Laws in India.
- Child Protection Laws and Role of NHRC and other agencies.
- Specific issues with regard to the protection of children in India.
- Protection of Children: International Laws framework.
- Sexual Harassment at Work Place.
- Women empowerment and domestic violence.
- Cyber Space and Women.
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women.
- Eve- teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice. Deepak Verma, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India.
- Prof. (Dr.) J. S. Patil, Vice Chancellor, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
- Prof. (Dr.) S. Surya Prakash, Vice-Chancellor, Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad.
- Dr.Adish C. Aggarwala, President, ICJ-London.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation/Institution Details
- Address and Email id
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of Email should read as: “Abstract Submission for International Seminar on Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges”.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010).
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The subheading should be in font size 12, bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
- The length of the paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
Selected will be published in UGC Referred Book bearing ISBN, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance and Law Mantra Journal. (If Selected for Publication in UGC Referred Book bearing ISBN, Publication Charge will be Extra as Per bill of Publication House).
- Submission of Abstract – 30th November, 2018
- Confirmation of abstract selection – 5th December, 2018
- Registration – 24th December, 2018
- Submission of Full paper – 05th January, 2019
- Seminar Date – 12th January, 2019
Registration Fee For Presentation Of Paper
- Students – Rs 1500/-
- Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars/Others – Rs 2000/-
- Presentation in Absentia for Students – Rs 2200/-
- Presentation in Absentia Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars/Others – Rs 2500/-
REGISTRATION FEE FOR ATTENDING THE SEMINAR
- Students – Rs 1000/-
- Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars/Others – Rs 1500/-
Who Should Attend?
Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Disability Rights Activist, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Lawyers.
Rules for the Participants:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
Note: The authors and Co-authors both have to register separately
The registration fee includes conference kit, lunch, High Tea, entry to all Technical session, and Certificates.
Registration: Submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line ‘Abstract Submission Protection of Women and Children Rights: Issues and Challenges’.
Coordination & Organizing Committee:
- Prof. (Dr.) Kondaiah Jonnalagadda, Professor of Law, Maharashtra National Law University Aurangabad.
- Ms. Monmi Gohain, Assistant Professor of Law, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
- Mr.Aditya Mishra, Managing Trustee, Law Mantra.
- Ms. Akansha Jain, Joint Secretary, Law Mantra.
For any queries, feel free to drop an email to email@example.com or call on +91- 9310053923, +91-9667822453.