Amicus Digital Law Reporting (hereinafter referred as ADLR) is an extraordinary initiative taken by the OnDemandLaws (OnDemandLaws is a Partnership Firm registered under The Indian Partnership Act, 1932). ADLR is aimed at taking the law reporting to its next level. ADLR is India’s 1st YouTube Channel which will be solely dealing with the legal reporting of current legal issues prevailing within the country. ADLR provides a chance to young law students to discover their legal reporting skills.
ADLR is a new way of telecasting the legal news by using a digital platform which is easily accessible all over the world. ADLR is giving an opportunity to young legal minds from various law colleges or universities to showcase their talent to the real world. It is a platform where law students can express their views on any current legal issue without any hesitation. ADLR is a very beneficial platform for young legal minds in order to enhance their presentation skills, communication skills & other required skills.
Those law students who are willing to take up Journalism as a career or want to become legal reporters after completing their law graduation must participate in this initiative. ADLR appreciates your views/suggestion on legal issues. ADLR is giving a platform to young law students to make a change in the society. Now, don’t hide your inner voice, let the society hear it. Join a hand with us in this initiative.
YOUR DUTIES AND ROLES AS A LEGAL DIGITAL NEWS REPORTER:
As a Legal Digital News Reporter you have to adhere to following roles & duties:
DUTIES AND ROLES AS A LEGAL DIGITAL NEWS REPORTER:
- As a legal digital news reporter you must keep update yourself with daily legal issues;
- You must be capable of understanding that which legal issue is of public importance or not or you must be able to understand or examine that which legal issue requires more attention;
- You must possess good writing, communication & interview skills;
- You must analyze the facts of a legal issue meticulously;
- You must follow legal ethics of Journalism;
- You must remain honest to your profession;
- You must be passionate towards your work;
- You must have a potential to influence the society by your work;
- Your findings must be based on true facts and events and must not be hypothetical at all costs;
- You must know that how to present the legal issue within the given deadlines;
In order to apply for this online internship you must fall under these eligibility criteria namely;
- You must be a citizen of India; or
- Currently, you must be pursuing law graduation (3-year law graduation or 5-year law graduation from a recognized law university; or
- Pursuing Masters of Law (LLM) from any recognized university;
MODE & TENURE OF INTERNSHIP:
- It will be an online internship.
- The internship will have a tenure of 3 months (May to July 2018).
- If the intern continues to work with full dedication & passion then in that case tenure may be extended.
- If the intern does not work in accordance with guidelines/rules mentioned herein under this document then in that case his/her tenure shall stand terminated and no benefits will be provided to the intern.
- A certificate of Internship will be provided to each intern after the successful completion of the internship period.
- Best Legal Reporter’s Award to one best intern in addition to the certificate of the internship.
- One publication free of cost to each Intern in a Law Journal (The Journal for Indian Researchers ISSN: 2581-3595). Provided that your research paper must comply with the Journal’s publication policy.
- 30 percent discount to each intern in all events (seminars / conferences / competitions / etc.) of OnDemandLaws.
HOW TO SUBMIT THE TASK:
- We’ll assign you the task through WhatsApp Group/Email/ or any other method, as the case may be.
- Each intern will be given a legal issue every day.
- Interns have to give a brief reporting on the given issue. (such as facts of the news, its conclusion, your relevant opinions)
- Interns have to record a video of his/her legal reporting.
- Interns have to follow the basic principles of legal reporting.
- Video must be recorded in HD.
- Minimum duration of the video must be 5 minutes and maximum 15 minutes.
- Recorded video will be posted on our official YouTube Channel or official website or social networking sites.
- Full credit must be given to the interns as Legal Digital News Reporter.
- You have to submit the recorded video through a Google form.
- While submitting news don’t forget to give relevant references links.
- We might ask you to take or shoot interviews of special persons, such as senior lawyers, in your respected local areas/cities.
- We’ll provide a set of questions that are to be asked of such special persons.
- Such special interviews must be recorded with proper precautions.
- Whiling take such interviews you’ll be representing our firm, so, keep it in mind that you behave yourself.
LANGUAGE OF THE VIDEO:
- Hindi & English.
NUMBER OF POSTS:
- Only 6 posts/positions are available.
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF NEWS REPORTING:
- It must be fair/accurate/relevant.
- It must be the truth.
- It must not hurt the sentiments of the public at large.
- Keep in mind that even Right to Speech/Expression is limited to certain restrictions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill up the Google Form given below:
CONFIRMATION OF INTERNSHIP:
- Shortlisted candidates will a confirmation mail on their email addresses.
- They will also receive a copy of norms (read the norms/rules meticulously).
- Shortlisted candidates are required to give their consent within 2 days of receiving the confirmation email. If we do not receive any reply from the shortlisted candidates within 2 days then in that case opportunity shall be passed on to another deserving candidate.
- In a confirmation mail candidates will also receive a copy of MOU/AGREEMENT, stating the roles/liabilities/duties/other required provisions. While giving their consent candidates are required to submit a signed copy of the said agreement.
HOW TO SUBMIT THE MOU/AGREEMENT:
- Take a print out of the said agreement and sign it and click its pictures or scan it and then email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org