Genius Consultants Limited is an ISO 9001:2008 certified 23 years young company which has achieved over 2 lakh placements at client payroll from the position of Manager to CEO level. It has more than 45,000 Outsourced Associates, satisfying more than 1500 Clients of National and Multinational reputes.It has 95000 background checking records and 17 offices Pan India, providing services for Flexi Staffing, Recruitment & RPO, Payroll Processing, Background Check, Compliance Management & Audit, HRMS and Payroll Software. Genius has a strong team of 400 Employees on its Payroll. To know more, visit www.geniusconsultant.com
- Looking for Legal Counsel for Commercial Team
- India-based, transaction-focused lawyer responsible for providing legal support to cover the transactional and compliance requirements of the sales business organizations in India, and from time to time, elsewhere in the APAC region.
- Reporting to the Regional Counsel, South Asia and working closely with the country manager and local sales teams in India as well as the other functional leaders.
- Required to take on certain additional APAC-wide responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to travel as the job requires.
- 3-5 years post-qualification experience, whether in private practice or in-house, preferably with transactional experience in technology (especially cloud computing, managed services or analytics).
- Practical experience in commercial transactions by preparing and negotiating contracts for sale of products and services, and for the procurement of products, services and support from third-party vendors and suppliers, including contracts relating to software licensing and bespoke professional services engagements.
- Familiarity with Indian employment laws.
- Some understanding of data protection, FCPA/anti-bribery, antitrust and tax laws and regulations would be a plus.
- Some exposure to dispute resolution and litigation is an advantage, but not a strict requirement.
- Strong foundational ‘legal skills’, such as legal research, document drafting, advice preparation, client liaison, negotiation abilities and file management. Good knowledge of and a strong foundation in commercial law and contract negotiations.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills with an eye for detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills (fluency in spoken and written English essential).
- Ability to foster good relationships within the business, the APAC Legal Team and with the broader Global Legal Team. Ability to business partner at various levels of the sales organization.
- Professional maturity and demeanor, with the ability to carry out daily tasks and responsibilities independently.
- Understands when to promptly escalate issues and involve senior legal management inappropriate decisions and actions.
- Effectively manages time and stress, with the ability to collaborate with patience and calm, whilst driving against tight timelines.
- Necessary qualifications to practise in India.
- Law degree (or Bachelors degree in another discipline plus appropriate legal diplomas)
- Location- Mumbai- BKC
- Salary:INR 15,00,000 – 20,00,000 P.A.
- Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
- Functional Area: Legal, Regulatory, Intellectual Property
- Role: Legal Manager
- Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time