A crucial learning objective that we have for students at Tamil Nadu National Law University(TNNLU) is that they should be able to produce well-argued, original written work. To this end, the university has a dedicated Centre for Research and Writing (CRW) to support and assist students in TNNLU in legal research and writing.
The Centre helps guide students through the writing process right from framing their research question and research design to producing a clear, cogent, formatted paper of publishable quality. Since students at TNNLU come from diverse educational and social settings, this inevitably includes training students so that they are comfortable with writing in English. Both of these will be done through one-on-one consulting sessions, small-group discussions as well as workshops that are tuned to each student’s specific writing level and needs.
To achieve this aims the center plans to hire two Research and Writing Fellows who will act as a full-time staff of the center.
Nature of Positions
Research and Writing Fellow – 2 (two) posts only.
Fellows at the CRW will work closely with the faculty coordinators of the center in performing the following duties at the center:
- Conduct one-on-one sessions with students of TNNLU to help them with their term projects and other writing commitments through useful and constructive feedback.
- Plan and conduct workshops on research design, research methodology, argumentation, uniform methods of citation, plagiarism and specific research methods.
- Develop annotated bibliographies and writing guides which can help students in research and writing in specific subject areas.
- Assist students from non-English speaking backgrounds through regular learning sessions, in order to make them comfortable in English communication.
- Act as Assistant Editors of the TNNLU Law Review and oversee the editorial process from copy-editing and proofreading till publication.
- Work closely with the faculty community of TNNLU, to prepare students to conduct rigorous research in multiple disciplines and to encourage them to advance legal knowledge through the production of original written work.
- Assist in the ongoing research projects of other research centers in TNNLU, such as the Centre for Competition Law and the Centre for Labour and Development.
- Identifying funding opportunities for research by the University, and preparing research proposals in coordination with TNNLU faculty in specific fields.
- Assist in teaching courses in coordination with the faculty of TNNLU.
- An undergraduate degree in law from a recognized university. Post-graduation in law is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrable ability in high-level academic research and writing. Publication in high-impact peer-reviewed journals is preferred.
- Exposure to and/or interest in the management of learning difficulties.
- Experience in or exposure to interdisciplinary methods and field research will be positively viewed.
- Work experience, especially experience of working with students, is preferred.
- Excellent project management skills: organization, planning and attention to details.
- The candidate must demonstrate a high degree of perseverance as well as a drive to improve the academic and research culture at TNNLU.
Duration and Remuneration
The appointment is of a contractual nature. The consolidated remuneration for each fellow will be Rs.40,000 per month. Visit our website for further information.
Interested candidate should apply here.
The last date of applications is 15th December 2018.
The fellows are expected to assume the position at the start of our even term on 17th January 2019.
Click here for official notification.