ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The success of Jurisedge 1st National Article Writing Competition, 2017 & Jurisedge 1st & 2nd National PPT Writing Competition, 2017 encouraged us to organize such events further with a motive to enhance writing skills of budding Lawyers and Research Scholars, Academicians. In the memory of ‘People’s Judge’ Justice PN Bhagwati, the man who formulated the concept of PIL, Absolute Liability Principle, ensures fairness and protect the rights of people through enlarging the scope of the right to life and liberty, Jurisedge is organizing Jurisedge 1st Research Paper Writing Competition. The theme of this Research Paper is dedicated to Justice PN Bhagwati’s contribution to the Indian Judiciary.
The theme is broad in nature; hence, the participants may take up any Sub-Theme/Topic/Trend/Issue/Development covered under the purview of the Theme and Any Subtheme.
We would like to invite students and professionals to express their valuable viewpoints, by participating in the competition.
- PN Bhagwati- the Best CJI India has ever had.
- The ‘Jurisprudence of Speedy Justice’
- Pioneer of Judicial Activism Justice PN Bhagwati
- Justice P.N. Bhagwati’s Contribution in Environmental Law
- Public Interest Litigation in the eyes of Justice P.N. Bhagwati
- Judicial Activism v. Judicial Overreach: A Jurisprudential Analysis
- Justice P. N. Bhagwati: The Torch Bearer of the Human Rights Jurisprudence in India
- Capital Punishment v. Life Imprisonment: An analysis of the ‘rarest of the rare’ doctrine
- The doctrine of ‘reasonableness’ under Article 14: The custodian of Human Rights in India
- Any Other topic related to Justice PN Bhagwati and his Contribution to Legal System
- Maneka Gandhi vs Union of India 1978 AIR 597
- Gupta vs President of India And Ors. AIR 1982 SC 149
- Bachan Singh vs State of Punjab (1980) 2 SCC 684
- Minerva Mills Ltd. & Ors vs Union of India & Ors 1980 AIR 1789
- Additional District Magistrate Jabalpur vs S. S. Shukla 1976 AIR 1207
- My Tryst with Justice- P. N. Bhagwati (2013)
Any student pursuing an undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course in any recognized University/College in India & Any professionals, Research Scholar, Advocates, Professors, and Academicians can participate in the Competition.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: 10TH NOVEMBER, 2017.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 17TH NOVEMBER, 2017.
RESULT OF THE COMPETITION: 25TH DECEMBER, 2017
GUIDELINES AND RULES
- The Research Paper must be written in English.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is restricted to two participants.
- The paper shall not be plagiarized. Only the original articles will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the paper. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work.
- Copyright of the Paper shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the Paper if required.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the author) must not be found in any part of the Paper.
- The Participants must submit their article via e-mail only, with the following attachments:
- Article in MS Word format with the subject “Research Paper Writing Competition”.
- A Separate Cover page containing Name, Semester (if you are a Student), Address, E-mail ID, Contact Number and Name of the College/University of the Student.
LENGTH OF THE RESEARCH PAPER
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Research Paper and Bibliography.
- The abstract should not be more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the Research Paper has been mentioned below.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Page number: Top right of the page
- Footnote size: 10
- Article- 3500-6000 words
- Case Comments- Up to 2500 words
- Short Comments- Up to 2000 Words
- Book Reviews- Up to 2000 words
Any Uniform Style of Citation
Every Research Paper will be peer-reviewed and evaluated on two levels. Every participant will be allotted a code during registration. The participant will send in their papers in which the file will be named by the code they have been allotted. No mark of identification permitted. The research paper would be reviewed by our EDITORIAL BOARD. Visit our Editorial Board: www.jurisedge.com/journal
- First Prize: Cash Prize Rs. 4000 INR + Publication of Research Paper in Jurisedge journal of Juridical Research (ISSN: 2456-8112) (Vol.I Issue II) + Gift Hampers up to Rs. 1000 INR + Paid Online Internship Opportunity with Jurisedge + Certificate
- Second Prize: Cash Prize Rs. 3000 INR + Publication of Research Paper in Jurisedge Journal of Juridical Research(ISSN: 2456-8112) (Vol.I Issue II) + Gift Hampers up to Rs. 1000+ Paid Online Internship Opportunity with Jurisedge + Certificate
Top 15 Research Papers(10 Articles from Each 10 Subthemes+ 4 Case Comments + 1 Book Reviews ) will be considered for publication in Vol. I Issue II of Jurisedge Journal of Juridical Research (ISSN: 2456-8112).
Top 10 (Including Top 2) candidates will also get a chance of PAID ONLINE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY with Jurisedge!
All the participants will get a Certificate of Participation.
Registration fee is 400/- INR only for Single Author. In case of Co-authorship Registration fee is 600/- INR only (per author 300/- INR)
Registration fee is 500/- INR per Author.
FOR THE PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES:
So, what are you waiting for? Register today! Fill our form here.
For Queries, Contact: 9614994939
All queries and submissions must be sent to email@example.com only, with the subject: “Jurisedge1st Justice PN Bhagwati Research Paper Writing Competition 2017”.