Law College Dehradun National Debate 2017 – ” Concours de Debat “.
The debate is a method of formally presenting an argument in a disciplined manner. Logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are elements in debating, where one side often prevails over the other party by presenting a superior “context” and/or framework of the issue. The outcome of a debate may depend upon consensus or some formal way of reaching a resolution, rather than the objective facts.
This debate competition is therefore, an endeavor to organize a National platform where the greatest of debaters will battle it out for the coveted title of “Best Debater”
- The topic for the event is: “ 21st Century Nationalism is breeding political jingoism”
- The debate shall be bilingual, either exclusively English or exclusively Hindi.
- The speakers shall not disclose their identities and shall only represent themselves by the team codes allotted to them.
- Each team shall be called by their team code and they are required to leave the podium together after their respective speeches.
- The speakers shall come to the podium in a team where one shall speak in favour of the motion while the other shall speak against the motion.
- Each speaker shall be allotted a total time limit of 5 mins. (4 + 1) where the last minute shall be given to conclude the speech.
- The completion of the time limit of fourth minute shall be indicated by a single bell and the final bell to conclude the speech at the end of the end of the last minute shall be indicated by a double bell.
- After the speech, the particular speaker shall be open to the floor for rebuttal. Only a participant from another team can ask a rebuttal.
- The answer to the rebuttal shall not exceed 1 minute.
- Only one rebuttal per participant.
- No speaker shall be allowed to carry any piece of paper or gadget to the podium, the violation of which shall result in disqualification.
- The speaker shall be judged on the basis of content, pronunciation, body language and overall presentation.
- The decision of the jury shall be final.
- The violation of any rule shall cause disqualification of the whole team at the discretion of the jury.
For Registration Click Here
For Brochure Click Here