Brief Introduction of the Law School
The GD Goenka Education City is set on 60 acres of the ancient and picturesque Aravalli hills for a backdrop. The high-tech Millennium City, Gurgaon, and the National Capital Region are just a stone’s throw away. The meticulously maintained grounds, playing fields, sporting amenities and impressive buildings reveal the University passion for excellence in all that it does. GD Goenka University is guided by the philosophy that new thinking in the areas of teaching, learning, research, and training are pivotal to making students
The University helps the students to improve their personality, enhance communication skills and build a positive, progressive global outlook through numerous programs, activities, and counseling. The University goes beyond the classroom to link education to solving real-life problems.
With an unswerving focus on providing quality education, GD Goenka University has engaged the best and brightest faculty to guide students, engage their minds and raise their horizon. This is done by creating regular and systematic opportunities for students to interact with a broad range of industries and service sectors. This is a two-way street because it provides multinational companies the opportunity to learn about GD Goenka University and the benefits of recruiting its students. The University has the best of facilities, equipment including laboratories, dedicated video conference facilities, virtual learning facilities and fully equipped conference rooms. These are all designed to extract the best and most creative qualities from the students. The hardware is superbly backed up by able counselors who can inspire students to express themselves.
My Name and year of study
Nishita (2nd Year, B.A.LL.B)
Name of my law school
G.D. Goenka University, Sohna Road, Haryana
Location with description
G D Goenka Education City
Sohna Gurgaon Road
The GD Goenka Education City is set on 60 acres with the ancient and picturesque Aravalli hills for a backdrop. The high-tech Millennium City, Gurgaon and the National Capital Region are just a stone’s throw away. The meticulously maintained grounds, playing fields, sporting amenities and impressive buildings reveal the University passion for excellence in all that it does.
Life on Campus
Life on Campus for a student is constantly buzzing with activities… sports, dance, music and the desire to serve the community. There is a Student Development Centre (SDC) that will help you fulfil your desire or ambition. All one needs to do is to get involved, get connected, meet peers with similar interests, apply knowledge gained from the classroom and learn to lead. The SDC has several activities grouped under the following categories.
- Clubs & Societies
- Campus Based Leadership
- Alumni Student Association
- Summer School
Infrastructure of my college
The GD Goenka university School of Law is located in the picturesque 60 acre GD Goenka Education City on the Gurgaon- Sohna Road. The superbly landscaped campus, surrounded by Aravali hills is well provided with the following infrastructure and technologies.
- A half Olympic size all weather state of art swimming pools
- Olympic size 400 mts 8 lane athletic tracks
- A well equipped student fitness centre with Gymnasium and Spa, squash courts, pool and table tennis tables and other indoor games
- A comfortable student compatible boarding facility
- HDFC ATM machine to facilitate easy money transactions for students
- A fully functional departmental store
- Laundry services with stefab machines for inhouse washing and ironing services
- A fleet of buses for the daily travellers
- Wi-fi enabled campus and gigabytes optic fibre backbone with hi-speed lease line connectivity that provides student, anytime and anywhere an easy access to communication highway.
- Secured wired LAN environment optimized with hi-end network switches, servers, routers, firewall backed up with complete unified threat management gateway system.
- Campus wide energy optimization and security/surveillance being taken care of through BMS, Access Control and CCTV.
- Centrally controlled digital AV system which also caters to Video Conference facility and TV channel distribution system.
- A customized ERP for managing the entire student and faculty database along with administration.
For many people, coming to university means living away from home for the first time. So you want to be sure you’ll find a place to live that is clean, comfortable and safe. Not too expensive and within easy reach of hanging out zones. You’ll also want to be with students of other nationalities who share the same lifestyle as your own.
In all these respects Goenka University school of Hospitality campus accommodation is second to none. Purpose-built, centrally air-conditioned residences (separate for boys & girls) provide around 500 rooms for undergraduates and postgraduates. Ensuite rooms; with attached bath (facility of hot & cold water) and study-rooms can be shared between 2 or 4 students. The common room shared between 4 or 8 students comes complete with a service unit, a Plasma TV and a refrigerator. All our accommodation is well furnished and maintained to a high standard. All rooms have network ports and high speed network/internet access. Bed linen and blankets or duvets are also provided. LAN and wi-fi internet connections are available in all areas, recognizing the need students for connectivity.
Dining Hall is a Centrally Air conditioned 2 level building spreading over 13,000 sq.ft with a seating capacity of approximately 1000 students. The hall is equipped with CO2 sensors, fire alarm system, sprinkler system & Gas leak/ smoke/ heat detector. Dining Hall serves breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. Bright and colourful furniture and special lighting create a chic Lounge ambience which serves Indian, Continental and Oriental cuisines. The menu is set by expert dieticians and cooked on campus maintaining stringent quality controls. Juices and organically cultivated fruits, vegetables and eggs are also part of the menu. Keeping in mind the sentiments, there are separate cooking areas for veg & non veg. The dining hall boasts of state of the art installations with separate hot and cold counters. Mechanical Dish washers and waste disposal systems guarantee a hygienic ambience.
Formal dinners and parties on campus are held with DJ Nights, Live Bands being the favourite! It is the perfect place to catch up on the latest buzz or just enjoy a lazy supper watching cricket matches on or your favorite channel (on plasma TVs) or just surfing the net. Music lovers need not despair! Equipped with hi-tech Audio Visual System and a vast collection of DVDs and Satellite Radio stations has something for everyone.
Faculty and Academics
Class starts at 9:40 am with duration of 50 minutes in each class, in total we have five classes with a lunch break of 50 minutes and classes get over at 2:40 PM.
A curriculum is comprehensive where in your first year you deal with the B.A., B.Com, BBA subjects along with it one gets to learn the basics of law, making it easy for a novice to get into the groove of law school and Second year on-wards you are introduced to law subjects.
- There is transparency in the evaluation process. Even classroom participation is one of the criteria for internal evaluation.
- Classroom teaching includes presentation based teaching along with workshops.
- Also, there is a unique concept of Inter-Disciplinary Project. in which students from all the different branches come together and complete a given project as a team.
- Amalgamators and minors in a totally different field allow students to explore and chisel diverse skill sets.
Administration and Fees
Duly completed applications received will be scrutinized on the basis of eligibility, academic performance and suitability for the course selected. Admit cards for GATA (Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission) will be issued to the eligible candidates. Application sent through courier/post must be received in the admission office 10 days prior to the GATA.GATA will be held at designated centers and the date of the examination shall be communicated.
GATA is to assess the capability and ability of the candidate in terms of analytical, scientific, mathematical and logical reasoning, English language and general knowledge.
Based on performance in all the aspects of selection, selected candidates will be issued admission offer letter with dates for fee deposit, allotment of rooms in the hostel and date of orientation for the program.
- Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Law (Honors) -Integrated 2,25,000
- Bachelor of Business Administration Bachelor of Law (Honors) – Integrated 2,25,000 Bachelor of Commerce Bachelor of Law (Honors) -Integrated 2,25,000
- Bachelor of Laws (Honors) 1,95,000
Master of Laws 90,000
- Four Sharing 2,25,000
- Three Sharing 2,50,000
- Two Sharing 2,95,000
- Bunk Bed 1,20,000
- Fitness Club Membership 25,000
5 Years Integrated Programme
- BA LLB (Hons.)
- BBA LLB (Hons.)
- Com LLB (Hons.)
Eligibility Criteria: BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com LLB (Hons.) : 10+2 from CBSE or equivalent examination.
In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.
3 Years Integrated Programme
- LLB (Hons.)
Eligibility Criteria: B Graduation in any field from a UGC recognized university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully
complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.
Eligibility Criteria: LLM : BCI approved law degree from a recognized University in India or equivalent.
Student Culture and activities
- Sports fest called as Sportopia is held in the college with participation from various colleges across the country.
- Every year, moot court competitions are also held in the university with participation from international teams as well.
- No matter what course you join, you surely will be a party to the exciting events, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Apart from this, various clubs in the university organize competitions on a regular basis.
- Udyami Bazaar, especially for Diwali, is organized within the campus which is the genesis of student entrepreneurship.
- To keep the students enlightened with knowledge, there are many workshops conducted in the college for students and faculties. Apart from that various certificate courses ranging from different fields are held regularly in the college.
- The Cultural Fest of GDGU- “Acceleron” that brings talent and creativity to the fore.
You will witness the best of the companies visiting the campus.
Best things about your law school
Best thing about our law school is that one gets ample opportunity to grow. Be it co-curricular activities or academics. The School of Law aims to open new vistas in the arena of law, legal studies, theoretical and clinical legal research through relentless engagement in developing legal theory and practice, academic potential, critical analytical ability, synergising law, advocacy, counselling and mediation skills so as to fully equip the students with learning which is intellectually stimulating, socially vital and professionally enriching.
Since it is growing from the scratch one gets to be a part of the decision making process and opportunities where you get to be a part of it and with it one gets to understand the intricacies of a law school.
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC COLLABORATION
- Member of IUCN Academy of Environmental Law
- Member of International Association of Law Schools
WHY GD GOENKA SCHOOL OF LAW?
- Experienced faculty from NLU’s & other premiere law schools
- Strong linkage with legal professionals
- Internship embedded in program
- Experimental learning to create practice-ready lawyers
- Regular moot court activities
- Member of International Association of Law Schools & IUCN Academy of Environmental Law
Don’t judge this college based on its face value, this college is doing great in National moots and debates and gives one ample opportunity to grow and outshine.