As the country has witnessed major paradigm shifts in various domains of criminal law in the recent times, Amity Law School, Noida has taken the initiative to organize this one of its kind conclaves to foster intellectual curiosity among young minds about the ever-evolving nature of crime and criminal law.
The Conclave provides an opportunity to law students all over the country to exhibit and cultivate their interests in criminal law by participating in diverse kinds of competitions like legal quiz, debate, legislative drafting and essay writing, which are being organized as part of this event.
In addition to this, we endeavour to contribute to the positive development of criminal law regime by organizing a ‘Panel Discussion’, where renowned experts, politicians and industrialists would come together to have a conducive discussion over some of the most important contemporary issues related to the functioning of the criminal justice system in India.
About Crimean Legal Quiz
The ‘Crimean Legal Quiz’ provides a unique platform to test spontaneity of thought and depth of knowledge of students on both procedural and substantive aspects of criminal law.
Earlier, the event was exclusive to in-house candidates, however, this time we are extending the 2ndedition to colleges across India, to spark wider interest in young legal minds to explore the vastness of criminal law.
The purpose of organizing this Quiz competition is to foster the thirst for knowledge among students about ever-evolving nature of crime and to acquaint them with intricacies of functioning of Indian Criminal Justice System through a self-inquisitive process of learning.
Eligibility, Team Composition and Registration
- The competition is open to students currently enrolled in LLB (3 year/5 years integrated) programme in any Law college duly recognized with UGC.
- Multiple teams from one college are permitted.
- A team shall not have more than two members.
The competition shall comprise two stages: prelims and finals.
- There will be a written preliminary test consisting of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Some of these questions would be specially marked questions as tie-breakers. In case a tie-breaker situation prevails in Prelims, the team which has answered more of such specially marked questions will qualify for finals.
- There will be 6 teams proceeding from the prelims to finals.
- The finals will be of 6 rounds and the quiz will follow ‘Infinite Bounce and Pounce’ format for the first 5 rounds and the last round would be conducted as a ‘Rapid Fire’ round.
- In all the rounds, questions would relate to both substantive and procedural aspects of criminal law.
- The competition shall have English as the only medium of answering questions.
- The competition shall be time bound.
- Any kind of misdemeanour or misbehaviour with the quiz master or other teams shall result in disqualification.
- First Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- and Certificates.
- Second Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000/- and Certificates.
- Third Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 2,000/- and Certificates.
- The 4th, 5th and 6th position-holders would be given ‘Certificate of Merit’.
Date and Venue
The Quiz Competition will be held on 7th September 2018 at Amity Law School, Noida (U.P.).
Registration will commence from 24th July 2018.
Registration fees of Rs. 300/- per team must be sent via demand draft in favour of “Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, payable at Noida”. A soft copy of demand draft, as well as Name of the Participant(s), Name of the Institution, Course and Contact details, is to be sent through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to us latest by 30th August 2018.
Further, the original demand draft has to sent to (by post or courier) to Dr Aditya Tomer, Addl. Director Amity Law School, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201303 latest by 05th September 2018.
Online Portal Coming Soon
For any further enquiries and clarifications, contact Shashwat Sandeep Tiwari: +91 8007439988