The Faculty of Law, PES University, is pleased to announce that the second edition of Lex et Justitia, the University’s flagship Moot Court Competition, will be held between the 1st and 3rd of March, 2019. The moot proposition is themed around Constitutional law and judicial reform.
All law colleges/institutions/universities across the country recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the Competition. All participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in law, i.e., either 3 year or 5-year courses. However, only one team is allowed to participate in the Competition from one law college/institution.
Each team can comprise of either two or three members. In the case of two members, both the members shall be designated as Speakers. In the case of three members, two members shall be designated as Speakers and one member shall be designated as Researcher.
The Competition will be held at PES University, Bangalore.
- Last date for provisional registration: 15th January 2019
- Last date to complete all registration formalities: 20th January 2019
- Last date to apply for clarifications to the Moot Problem: 25th January 2019
- Clarifications, if any, to be published on the Official Website: 27th January 2019
- Last date for submitting the soft copy of the Written Submission: 15th February 2019
- Last date for submitting the hard copy of the Written Submission: 20th February 2019
- Inaugural Function, Orientation of Participants and Researchers’ Test: 1st March 2019
- Preliminary Rounds and/or Octa-Finals: 2nd March 2019
- Quarter-Final and Semi-Final Rounds: 3rd March 2019
- Final Round and Valedictory Ceremony: 3rd March 2019
Each Team must register by filling up the registration form available on the Official Website: www.pesmoot.weebly.com and by paying the registration fee of Rs. 3000 (Three Thousand only) through the payment methods mentioned below:
DD (from Nationalised Bank preferably) shall be drawn in favor of “PES UNIVERSITY GENERAL FUND” payable at Bengaluru. Please send the DD to:
Mr. Ranjeet Mathew Jacob, Faculty Co-ordinator, National Moot Court Competition,
Faculty of Law, Panini Block 4th Floor, PES University, Outer Ring Rd, Banashankari 3rd Stage,
Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560085
Name of the Beneficiary: PES UNIVERSITY-GENERAL FUND,
Current A/C No. 589301010050057, Branch code: 558931,
Branch: PESIT Branch, 100 ft Ring Road, B.S.K 3rd Stage, Blore 560085. IFSC: UBIN0558931
MIRC: 560026037 SWIFT CODE: UBININBBGNB.
Note Kindly mail the screenshot of the UTR number to confirm the receipt of the same.
Each Team shall complete such registration on or before 20th January 2019.
- Winners/ Best Team: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 60,000.
- Runner-up: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 40,000.
- Best Speaker: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 20,000.
- Best Researcher: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 20,000.
- Best Memorial: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 20,000.
All clarifications and communication can be made to the following e-mail address: “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Furthermore, the contact details of the Faculty Coordinators and Student Conveners are provided below. Any of them can be contacted between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM regarding any queries regarding the event.
Official Mail: email@example.com
Prof. Udaya Simha NG, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, PES University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Ranjeet Mathew Jacob, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, PES University, email@example.com
Kruti U. Nadig, Student Convener, Mob: +91 9036195987
Akshay V., Student Convener, Mob: +91 9036131409
Geethashree S., Student Co-convener, Mob: +91 9071365365
Shashwik Shetty, Student Co-convener, Mob: + 91 8749043946
Official website: Click here
Moot Proposition: Click here
Rules and Regulations: Click here
Click Here for more Articles.
Click Here to write your own Blog/Article on Legal Bites.
We hope you found this useful. Support us by Sharing Your Knowledge. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.
One of the things that have always kept us motivated is that knowledge sharing is essentially an act of giving. And in that sense, it brings a bit of humanity and warmth to an organizational setting. Keep spreading knowledge ………
Team Legal Bites