We are happy to release the call for submissions of the second issue of Jindal Global University’s Student-Run Queer Magazine – “Maya”.
[Maya – ‘love’ in Nepali, ‘courage and bravery’ (Maia) in Maori, ‘illusion’ in Sanskrit]
Maya is a unique initiative of the LGBTQI community of Jindal Global University, Sonipat (India). We seek to provide an avenue for discussions on issues of gender and sexuality at the intersection of law. We have already published our First Issue.
In the Spotlight
We are having a special section to celebrate our bodies, with a whole set of photos and writings about nudity and nakedness. We encourage you to undertake a legal analysis of nudity and nakedness within the ambit of laws relating to obscenity and freedom of speech and expression. We welcome photos, art, written submissions for the section.
What are we looking for
We seek new and original writings (fiction, nonfiction), case comments, legislative notes, articles, poetry, book/film reviews, opinion pieces, campus reports, research studies, art, & photography. We welcome legal and non-legal articles pertaining to them of the Magazine.
You can visit our website to get an idea of the kind of articles that we have published.
In the Spotlight
We are having a special section to celebrate our bodies, with a whole set of photos and writings about nudity and nakedness. We encourage you to write on nudity and nakedness within the ambit of laws relating to obscenity and freedom of speech and analysis. We welcome photos, art, written submissions for the section. However, you can also contribute submissions unrelated to the theme of nudity and nakedness.
Who Can Submit
Students, academicians, research scholars, and activists are welcome to contribute to the magazine. The deadline for submission is 10th August 2018. We will be publishing our forthcoming issue (Volume 1, Issue 2) in August 2018.
Submission Guidelines and Procedure
- We prefer submissions that do not exceed 1,500 words in length. However, the Magazine is flexible on the word count depending on the quality of the submission.
- All submissions to the Magazine should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
- Wherever case law, statutory materials or other resources are being referred to, appropriate links must be provided to those in the main text itself. If any citations are being used, we prefer endnotes in any uniform citation style.
- Authors must include their brief biographical information (in no more than two lines) in the submission. Anonymous submissions are also accepted, however, please indicate your pen name and institutional affiliation (e.g. law student of Jindal Global Law School).
- Please email us your submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to submit anonymously, please upload your submissions on the dropbox link.
- Each submission will be reviewed by one or more editors of the Magazine, who retain their absolute discretion in determining whether to accept a submission and, if accepted, whether the submission requires revisions.
- There can be multiple authors for a submission.
- We also accept submissions in multiple languages used in India.
If any contributor has any queries or would like to discuss a proposal, please email us at email@example.com.