Centre of Excellence for Women, Child and the Law’ (CEWCL) @ IFIM LAW SCHOOL, in association with Juris Law Offices, Delhi is organizing ‘Feminae Empoderamiento’-National Legal Drafting Competition 2018. As the part of the competition, the participants are expected to draft a ‘BILL’ on any one of the topics mentioned below.
1. THE HEINOUS CRIMES BILL, 2018
2. CHILD NEGLECT (PREVENTION AND PROTECTION) BILL, 2018
3. THE UNIFORM CIVIL CODE, 2018
4. THE COMPENSATORY SURROGACY (REGULATION) BILL, 2018
The event is open to all the law students including law students at their Master level /Graduate level (either pursuing 3 years or 5 years Law Course/s from any recognized University or Legal Institution) within the territory of India.
- Students pursuing Law at Master Level – are eligible to draft only on Sl No. 2 or 3 issues.
- Students pursuing Law at Degree Level – are eligible to draft on any of the 4 issues.
Number of Participants: One team per college (Maximum 03 and Minimum 02)
- Each team must register with the CEWCL by sending an email to
The mail shall contain the following;
name of the participants,
name of the institution/ organization/Office and
year of study/experience
a scanned copy of institutional/ organizational identity card.
- Teams are requested to send their first soft copy of the E-draft (800-1000 words) on or before 21st July 2018.
- Shortlisted teams for Final round presentation will be announced on 25th July 2018.
- Qualified teams for final rounds need to submit their soft copy of the E- Draft Bill on or before 28th August 2018.
- The hard copy of the E-draft shall reach the organizing committee on or before 30th August 2018.
- They need to present their draft before the Selection Committee on the day of the event.
- The marks awarded by the Selection Committee shall be final and binding on the participants. No further Appeal shall be entertained in this manner.
- Accommodation can be arranged on special request and on payment of extra money.
- The draft (Prelims and/or final) shall be based on the following themes. Some of the themes out of the legal box are listed keeping in mind the present scenario.
The best draft from each theme shall be published on the IFIM Law School website and shall also be forwarded to the concerned statutory department for their kind perusal.
The Prizes are as follows,
- The Best team – cash prize of Rs. 7,000/- and certificates
- The Runner-up team – cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- and certificates
- The Second runner-up team – cash prize of Rs. 3,000/- and certificates.
- All the other participants (final round) will receive ‘Certificate of Participation’ and the representative colleges will receive memento as a ‘token of gratitude’.
- Preliminary registration of the teams – 21st July 2018
- Submission of the First E- draft – 21st July 2018
- Communication of acceptance of first E- draft – On or before 25th July 2018
- Registration of team for final rounds (payment) – On or before 04th August 2018
- Submission of final E- draft – 28th August 2018
- The hard copy of final draft – 30th August 2018
- Date of event – 27th and 28th September 2018
For Further details, click for Brochure.
Further queries, please contact the Organising Committee:
- Ms. Shagufta Anjum
- Ms. Manju Shri. V
- Mr. Sai Prasad, Student Co-ordinator & Campus Ambassador
Juris Law Offices, New Delhi
- Ms. T S S Vaishnavi