About the Seminar
The developments following the introduction of new economic policies have led to not only large scale outsourcing but also a contraction of regular employees. The restructuring that followed the framework for which the laws were enacted following 1947. The ongoing globalisation had, one the one hand increased economic activities with higher returns while on the other hand had caused contractualisation / casualisation of employment relations. The Seminar will also look at the application of various law under the newly introduced GST regime. The goods and services tax that became effective from July 1, 2017, has brought various markets in India under one tax structure. How this will impact the business as also the application of labour laws will form part of this seminar.
Centre for Transparency and Accountability in Governance, National Law University Delhi, India In Collaboration with the National Labour Law Association, New Delhi; Friedrich Ebert Foundation, New Delhi
Sub-Themes of the Seminar
1. Constitutional vs. Legal Rights;
2. Labour Rights under globalised environment;
3. Indian labour market and Role of Social Partners
4. Trends and Challenges of labour Laws in India
5. Protection of rights of Unorganised Workers/labour
6. Nature of Industrial / Employment Relations in India
7. Globalisation and International labour standards.
8. Hard vs. Soft Laws
9. Any other topic connected to the central theme of the Seminar
Call for Papers
Quality research papers, including field studies, from scholars, researchers, bar & bench, teachers, NGOs/civil societies, and students are invited. One co-author is permitted. Co-author is also required to pay registration charges. Research papers, for inclusion in the conference proceedings, shall be subject to the approval of Editorial Board. All research papers shall be subject to the scrutiny of anti-plagiarism software. Selected quality research papers may be published in the form of a special book with ISBN No.
National Law University (NLU), Delhi Sector 14 Dwarka New Delhi 110078, India
- Abstract Submission: 20 September 2017
- Approved Abstract notification: 01 October 2017
- Submission of complete papers: 15 October 2017
- Notification for final list of papers: 20 October 2017
- Submission of registration form & charges: 01 November 2017
- Date of Seminar: 11-12 November 2017
Articles received after the stipulated deadline will not be entertained for participation in the conference.
Participation and Registration Fee
Registration Teachers/other professionals: Rs. 1500/-
With Accommodation: Teachers/other professionals: Rs. 2500/-
Registration charges for Students: Rs.1000/-
With Accommodation: Students: Rs. 1500/-
No TA/DA will be paid to participants.
All communication should be made through – email@example.com
For further information, guidelines, registration form, any other query and additional details, you may direct yourself to the website Link – Official Website
Click below to download
Posted By – Ashish Gupta
(Campus Amicus @ Legal Bites)