The Board of Editors of the National Law School Business Law Review is pleased to invite original and unpublished manuscripts for publication in Volume 5 of the Review.
About the Journal
The NLS Business Law Review is an initiative by the National Law School of India University to recognize and foster academic research and scholarship in corporate and commercial law. The previous volume of the Review featured contributions by Ms. Joyjayanti Chatterjee (Senior Resident Fellow, Corporate Vertical, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy) and Jonathan Lim (Senior Associate, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP), among several others.
The NLSBLR has also previously carried articles by various luminaries in the field, such as Justice V Ramasubramnian (Supreme Court of India), Phillip R Wood (QC, Allen and Overy LLP), Prof. James J. Nedumpara (Jindal Global Law School), Prof. V. Umakanth, Murali Neelakantan, and Prof. Anurag K. Agarwal.
The law review intends to examine the interface between the myriad regulatory frameworks that impact doing business in India, particularly in light of comparative international perspectives. The mandate of the NLS Business Law Review thus includes company law, securities and capital markets regulation, banking and finance, taxation, foreign investment, competition law, commercial dispute resolution, contract and commercial law, and employment law inter alia.
- Articles (6,000 – 10,000 words) are comprehensive publications that analyze important themes and may adopt comparative perspectives.
- Essays (4,000 – 6,000 words) typically identify a specific issue, which may be of contemporary relevance, and present a central argument.
- Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (1,500 – 3,000 words)
Guidelines for Submissions
- The Journal reviews submissions on a rolling basis. The deadline for sending submissions for the forthcoming volume is March 31, 2019.
- Submissions must be made in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject heading ‘NLSBLR Vol. 5 Submission: <Submission Category>’.
- All submissions must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Times New Roman font (Main text: size 12 and double-spaced, footnotes: size 10 and single-spaced).
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by a covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information.
- An abstract of not more than 250 words shall be provided.
- Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is permitted.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgments should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The NLSBLR uses only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. Submissions must conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities.
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties.
- Submissions made to NLSBLR shall be on an exclusive basis and must not be concurrently under consideration by any other publication.
In the event of any queries, please contact Dhanush Dinesh, Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com.