About the Journal
The RMLNLU Law Journal on Communications, Media, Entertainment & Technology (hereinafter ‘the Journal’) is an annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed law journal published by the Journal Committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow. Through this, the committee aims to foster the spirit of writing and set in motion a discourse among knowledgeable intellectuals from various fields of law.
The Journal Committee is pleased to announce the call for papers for The RMLNLU Law Journal on Communications, Media, Entertainment & Technology, Volume VI.
Call for Papers
The Journal invites submissions in the form of articles, case comments and book reviews from law students, academicians, and legal professionals.
The submissions may be on any contemporary legal issue connected with media law and its allied fields of communications, entertainment, and technology.
Each of these entries will be required to conform to the set of guidelines which follow.
Authors must strictly adhere to guidelines, failing which their submissions may not be considered.
Entries may be submitted under the following categories:
- Articles: The prescribed word limit is 5000-8000 words. These are evaluations of specific contemporary issues and aim at conceptualizing the issues in a unique and unconventional manner. The assessment of contemporary issues shall be appreciated, though not mandatory.
- Case comments: The prescribed word limit is 3000-6000 words. These are assessments of the aim and legal impact of contemporary judgments and legislations.
- Book reviews: The prescribed word limit is 2000-4000 words. Entries submitted under this category may present innovative evaluations of present literature.
Note: The prescribed word limits exclude Abstract, whose word limit has been prescribed in the guidelines that follow, and footnotes, wherein speaking footnotes must be avoided wherever possible.
The author(s) is/are required to attach a Covering Letter containing all personal details (Name of the author(s), their degrees, Designation, Name of College/University/Institution, Postal Address, Phone Number and E-mail ID) in a separate document with the entry.
- All submissions must be attached to the email in Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format.
- The Entry must be typewritten in the font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5 and justified alignment.
- The Citations must be typewritten in the font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 10, Line Spacing: 1.0 and justified alignment.
- Citation style must adhere to the OSCOLA Method (4th Edition). See HERE.
- Indian cases must be cited as per the Supreme Court Cases (SCC) citation wherever applicable.
- An entry shall not be authored by more than two people. Each author or team of co-authors may not submit more than one entry. Multiple entries from the same author shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- The submission must include an abstract of 250-300 words with the author(s)’ name and college as a footnote. The abstract is to detail relevant observations drawn through the manuscript as well as final conclusions. A minimum of five keywords establishing the scope of the manuscript is also required to be submitted. There is no requirement of prior submission of abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript.
Articles are invited from LL.B., LL.M. Students as well as Ph.D. Scholars, Academicians and Legal Professionals.
Last date for submission: 1st February 2019
The submissions must be emailed in Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format to email@example.com.
The attached submission in the email, i.e., the file name must bear the names of the author(s).
The submissions for the Journal must not have been previously published, or submitted for publication elsewhere.
The contributions presented and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Journal and Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University.
Submission Deadline: 1st February 2019
In case of any queries, contact:
- Akanksha Singh (+91 9968623430)
- Varun Agarwal (+91 8218917926)
- Shrey Uttam (+91 9455868474)
or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for more Articles.
Click Here to write your own Blog/Article on Legal Bites.
We hope you found this useful. Support us by Sharing Your Knowledge or any information. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.
One of the things that have always kept us motivated is that knowledge sharing is essentially an act of giving. And in that sense, it brings a bit of humanity and warmth to an organizational setting. Keep spreading knowledge ………
Team Legal Bites