Last Updated on by Admin LB
SLCS Second National Moot Court Competition will be organized by, Shobhit University. The competition is scheduled to take place from 11 November – 12 November 2021. Legal Bites Academy is the proud Education Partner of the Event.
About the Institute
School of Law and Constitutional Studies is a constituent department of Shobhit University and is approved by the Bar Council of India. SLCS intends to introduce students to study law with an emphasis on the Constitution of India. The school focuses on legal studies with an understanding of how constitutional rules affect political and economic processes.
About the SLCS Second National Moot Court Competition
SLCS Second National Moot Court Competition shall be held on Thursday, 11th November and Friday, 12th November 2021 at the School of Law & Constitutional Studies, Shobhit Institute of Engineering and Technology, deemed to be University, Meerut.
The competition is open for students pursuing 5 years integrated law course and 3 Years LL.B. Course.
The competition shall be conducted in English language only.
Each team shall consist of three members (two speakers and one researcher). In the case of a medical emergency, the researcher will be allowed to argue instead of a speaker 1 or Speaker 2 with the prior permission of the Dean (SLCS).
Criteria for memorial evaluation
- Teams must prepare Memorials for both sides.
- The teams must send a soft copy on or before 20th October 2021.
- In addition, a total of 12 hard copies (6 copies from each side) of the memorials should reach the Institute address on or before 30th October 2021.
Note: Memorial submitted after 30th October 2021 shall not be considered for evaluation.
Each Team is required to send a duly filled-in Registration form to [email protected] by 15th October 2021. The subject of the mail should bear “Registration for 2nd National Moot Court Competition – 2021”.
Forms received after the last date of registration will not be considered. In case of any changes in the team composition, in terms of the members, the same must be officially conveyed to the Organizers before 8th November 2021.
Registration Fee – Rs. 5000/- for each participating team consisting of 3 members.
Bank Account Detail for NEFT Transaction
Beneficiary Name School of Law and Constitutional Studies
Account No. 496601010035716
IFSC Code UBIN0549665
Bank Name Union Bank of India, Shastri Nagar, Branch Meerut
- Winner Trophy Award
- Cash Prize of Rs. 51000/-
Runner up Team Award
- Runner up Trophy Award
- Cash Prize of Rs. 31000/-
Teams qualifying for Semi-finals
Each Team member shall be awarded a trophy as a token of appreciation.
Best Memorial Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
Second Best Memorial Award: Rs. 3100/- with trophy
Best Mooter (Male) Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
Best Mooter (Female) Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
Best Researcher Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
All the Participants will get participation certificates post the Valedictory Ceremony.
- August 19, 2021- Release of Moot Problem and Rules of the Moot Court Competition
- October 15, 2021- Last date of Registration with Payment
- October 20, 2021- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy)[email protected]
- October 30, 2021- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Hard Copy)
- November 11, 2021- Researcher’s Test
- November 11, 2021- Preliminary Round I & Preliminary Round II, Quarter Final Rounds & Cultural Eve
- November 12, 2021- Semi-Finals & Final Round
- November 12, 2021- Valedictory Ceremony and Prize Distribution
- Mohd Amir, Assistant Professor, SLCS, Contact: 9336757829(Email: [email protected])
- Ms. Neha Bharti, Assistant Professor, SLCS, Contact: 8860878415(Email: [email protected])
- Utkarsh Gupta, B.Com. LL.B.- 5th Sem.Contact- 8868869880
- Alina Mini, BA LL.B. – 5th Sem.Contact- 6201410170
- Ishika Chauhan, BA LL.B. – 5th Sem.Contact- 7465064538
Reported by – Moot Court Society, SLCS
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination