About Symbiosis Student Law Review:
Symbiosis Student Law Review is a double-blind reviewed refereed annual academic journal, published by Faculty of Law, Symbiosis International (Deemed University) through Symbiosis Law School, Pune which seeks to provide a forum for creation and publication of original knowledge on various contemporary areas of Law. The Editorial Board consists of experts and scholars of International and National repute.
Symbiosis Student Law Review is entirely dedicated to articles by undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students of law. The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for its Volume IV.
Within the broad framework of Sustainable Development Goals, Volume IV welcomes submissions as per the following themes:
- Theme 1: International & Humanitarian Law
- Theme 2: Public Law and Governance
- Theme 3: Business Laws
- Theme 4: IPR, Technology and Innovation Laws
- Theme 5: Rule of Law in Europe and Asia
- Theme 6: Energy & Natural Resources Law
We welcome submissions under the following categories:
- Articles (between 6000 – 8000 words including footnotes): Articles should provide a sustained analysis of various legal topics. It could be doctrinal or empirical and should comprehensively deal with relevant literature on the chosen subject to formulate viable assertions.
- Short Notes (3000 – 5000 words including footnotes): Short notes should be shorter versions of articles which should indicate a central thesis and argument flowing throughout the piece. The nature of the note should be analytical and descriptive and should mainly deal with contemporary developments.
- Book Reviews (1500 – 2500 words including footnotes): Book Reviews may be solicited and unsolicited pieces which critically examining a book released within the two years preceding the release of the current issue of the SSLR. The book review shall entail an examination of ideas promoted by the author of the book from the point of view of originality, the extent of analysis and tenability. Book Reviews shall describe the subject of the review clearly, including the name of the book, the name of the author, the name of the publisher, the date of publication, and, the edition number if applicable.
- Case Comments / Legislative Reviews (1500 – 2500 words including footnotes) Case Comments/Legislative Reviews maintained in tandem with the latest legal developments in India. The Author can choose a relevant and recent case or legislation (Central or State) to assess critically.
- Authors are encouraged to use UK English in submissions.
- Articles and Short Notes must be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 300 words. No Abstract is required for Book Reviews or Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- All works must be original, undistributed and unpublished. The research papers should not be plagiarized wholly or in part from any sources. Symbiosis Law School reserves all rights for debarring the contributor from any further publication with Symbiosis Law School if plagiarism is detected beyond reasonable levels.
- The electronic copy of submissions has to be made to email@example.com for Symbiosis Student Law Review. Contributors must submit their work in MS Word format (.doc or .docx extensions), Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing with the font size of 12 pt for main text and 10 pt for footnotes with single-line spacing. PDF/other formats will not be accepted. Contributors must also submit their work in Hard Copy on intimation from SLS, Pune of the selection of their respective submissions to the Publication Committee, Symbiosis Law School, Survey No. 227, Plot 11, Rohan Mithila, Opp. Pune Airport, New Airport Road, Viman Nagar, Pune – 411014. The hardcopy should be sent along with the Copyright Declaration.
- Contributors are required to provide full details for correspondence: postal address, phone numbers, and email address. Mention the title of the submission once at the beginning of the write-up, followed by the Author’s name. The Author details including qualifications and institutional affiliations should be provided in the first footnote of the article, referenced from the Author’s name below the title of the paper. The submissions should not contain borders, cover pages or title pages.
- The copyright in the individual articles shall be at all times remain vested in contributors and SLS, Pune shall hold copyright over all published materials
- References should be footnoted in Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition format. Please see the document pertaining to Citation Rules for details
- The selection criteria focus on the ability of the author to present a critical analysis of a contemporary issue and to propose suitable/appropriate solutions for it. A selection committee shall be set up by Symbiosis Law School to take the final decision regarding the publication amongst all the research papers. The decision of the Editorial Committee as regards publication of any articles accepted by it shall be final.
- An intimation regarding selection shall be sent to the Author within two-three weeks of the submission of their papers.
The last date for submission (in MS Word format) is 30th September 2019.
The Publication Committee
Symbiosis Law School Pune,
Survey No 227, Plot 11,
Rohan Mithila, Opp. Pune Airport,
New Airport Road, Viman Nagar,
Pune – 411014
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com