Institute of Law Nirma University (ILNU) has been actively promoting various issues in Alternative Dispute Resolution and selected issues relating to the practice of International Arbitration. We are constantly keeping consonance with the latest developments in Arbitration law so as to abreast the curriculum with the contemporary world and working towards creating a niche for itself in the field of International Commercial Arbitration.
In this background, we took a call to hold workshops and discussions to elicit valuable inputs from the ground so as to effectively shed light on the usage of the best practices of International Arbitration.
In the backdrop, Centre for ADR, ILNU is organizing an ADR workshop on “International Arbitration (Commercial and Investment) and Contemporary Issues.” The program will provide an understanding of the general principles of domestic as well as International Arbitration and its relationship to other dispute resolution processes.
The course will provide candidates with an introduction to the legal frame of, and good practice and procedure in, domestic and International Arbitration in their jurisdiction. The Seminar endeavors to cover the emerging issues and challenges faced for settlement of disputes through International Arbitration.
The present workshop has been conceptualized with the objective of taking stock of the progress made by India in the sphere of law; while creating space for discussion on matters pertaining to legal issues concerning International Arbitration (Commercial and Investment). It offers an opportunity to experts from various disciplines comprising of Researchers, Academicians, Law Experts, and students to come together and share their valuable thoughts on the issues relating to the major themes related to this topic. The detailed brochure including syllabus shall be sent shortly.
Dates of the Workshop: 15th, 16th, 17th September 2018
Venue: Smart Class, ILNU
Registration Fees: INR 1500/-
- INR 3000 (Without Accommodation)
- INR 5000 (With Accommodation)
- Prof. William F. Fox, Former Dean & Prof. of Law, Columbus School of Law, USA
- Prof. Thomas E. Carbonneau, Distinguished prof. of Law, Penn State Law, USA
- Mr. Tejas Karia, Partner & Head, Arbitration at Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, India
- Mr. Ajay Thomas, Arbitrator and Advocate, Vice Chairperson, ICC India Group
- Dr. Jyotsna Yagnik, Retired Principal & District Judge, and Arbitrator, Ahmedabad
- Mr. Ylli Dautaj, Asst. Prof. ILNU & Partner at Byran Dautaj & Dautaj, Sweden.
All students who are interested to attend this workshop may please fill this Google form.
The Link to payment of the fees would be sent to the registered candidates. The Last Date to register for this workshop is 12th September 2018.
In case of any queries, please contact the following Student Coordinators:
- Ankit Tripathi: +917355238546
- Mani Shankar: +91704370293