7th National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2022
Under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav initiative, Amity Law School, Gurugram is organizing the "7th National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2022" in collaboration with Legal Bites. Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of independence and its glorious history.
Under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav initiative, Amity Law School, Gurugram is organizing the "7th National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2022" in collaboration with Legal Bites. Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of independence and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
The Competition offers the participants an opportunity to elaborate on their ideals of nationalism, nation-building, and the overall socio-economic growth of the nation. The aim is to promote the ideals of nation and nationalism in its true sense where the head is held high and each individual respects and appreciates the diversity and strives for collective success.
Background for 7th National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2022
The central idea of modern nationalism is to promote amongst all a collective brotherhood which means standing up for one another in times of despair and striving for collective success to promote individual growth, which will in itself culminate into the nation's overall growth.
The father of our Constitution, B.R Ambedkar, had immense faith in the bright future and evolution of India, and when he spoke of attaining freedom, his ultimate goal was to unite the people of the nation. He said,
"So far as the ultimate goal is concerned, none of us has any apprehension or doubt. Our difficulty was not about the ultimate thing but how to unite the heterogeneous mass that we are today to take a decision in common and march in a cooperative way on that road, which is bound to lead us to unity."
Theme: Nation and Nationalism
(Please Note: Your title needs to be different from the sub-themes)
- The Competition is open to all students or professionals pursuing/completing Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in/from any recognized University across the country.
- Co-authorship: up-to two authors are permitted.
- The essay must be written in English.
- The Essay should be of minimum of 1500 words.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of two members is allowed.
- No part of the essay (except the cover page) should contain any identification of the author. Every participant will be allotted a submission code on registration.
- All submissions must be original and a bonafide effort of the participants and should not be submitted for any other purpose except the competition.
- Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in the disqualification of the essay. The organisers reserve all rights regarding eligibility / qualification / disqualification / publication of the submissions.
- Font – Times New Roman; Font Size – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Justified.
- Footnote Font Size – 10; Footnote Spacing – 1
*A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
- The submission shall consist of a Cover Page [containing the allotted submission code and Title of Essay], Abstract and Essay.
- An abstract should not be more than 300 words, including title and keywords. The essay should not be more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
- Proper references/sources should be quoted.
- The essay is to be submitted at [email protected] in word (doc or docx.) format with the subject titled Nation and Nationalism 2022: [Submission Code]
- All participants should strictly abide by the guidelines. Any deviance shall lead to disqualification.
Scoring of the Essay and Other Details
While assessing the essay, the weightage would be given as below:
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and Structure of the essay
- Grammar, syntax and form Copyright
- All the essays submitted shall be the exclusive property of Organizers.
- Organizers shall be free to use the information/ views in any manner required.
- Organizers shall not be responsible for any essay(s) not received. No essay shall be entertained if received after the deadline.
- Organizers' decision in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding, and NO query, correspondence, etc., shall be entertained by the Organizers.
- Laws of India with the Delhi courts' jurisdiction shall apply to this competition.
Important Dates: 7th National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2022
- Last Date of Submission – 10th September 2022
- Announcement of Result – 17th September 2022
No submission will be accepted after the last date of submission.
Awards | 7th National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2022
- First Position – Certificate of Excellence + Cash Prize of 5,000 INR + Publication of Essay
- Second Position – Certificate of Excellence + Cash Prize of 3,000 INR + Publication of Essay
- Third Position – Certificate of Excellence + Cash Prize of 2,000 INR + Publication of Essay
Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants [Excluding Top-Three].
Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
- Shortlisted essays will be published online with the name of the author.
- A soft copy of the Certificate of Participation will be sent to all the participants after the successful declaration of the results.
- Only a Printable Digital certificate will be sent.
Contact Amity Law School, Gurugram
For any further details or queries, please write to [email protected]
Ms. Monica Yadav
Aanchal: +91 99991 49127