Last Updated on by Admin LB
Āviṣkār – National Level IP Essay Writing Competition-2022 on the theme Role of Youth in Innovating for Better Future through IP, is being organised by DPIIT-IPR Chair, Osmania University.
About the Organizer/College/University
The DPIIT-IPR Chair is established at Osmania University under the SPRIHA scheme of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. The IPR Chair aims to promote IPR Culture and contribute to IPR research and knowledge. The DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University looks forward to collaborate with academics, researchers and industry to promote effective utilization of IPRs. Prof. (Dr.) G.B. Reddy, Professor of Law, Osmania University is the DPIIT IPR-Chair Professor at Osmania University.
The DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University, is organizing Āviṣkār -National Level IP Essay Writing Competition on the theme “Role of Youth in Innovating for Better Future through IP” with the primary objective of creating awareness and promoting discourse on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs). The Essay Competition is one of the events being organized by the IPR-Chair to celebrate the World IP Day 2022 (26th April).
Registration Form: Click Here
- Word limit for the Essay is 2000 words, exclusive of the footnotes. Co-Authorship is NOT permitted.
- Text must be in Times New Roman font; Size 12; Justified; 1.5 spacing – Footnotes must be in Times New Roman font; Size 10; Justified; 1 spacing. Any uniform method of citation may be followed.
- Essay manuscript must be an original and unpublished work of the Author. All essays would be checked for similarity and those with similarity index more than 10% would be liable for rejection.
- Author shall not disclose any information regarding the identity, including, but not limited to name, institutional assistance, professional details, etc., within the body of the manuscript.
- The manuscript submitted in the Essay Competition shall be original work of the author and the same shall not be published or submitted for publication elsewhere, and not infringe any other copyright.
- The DPIIT IPR-Chair Osmania University retains absolute discretion in marking the manuscripts submitted in the Essay Competition and selecting the Winners.
- The ownership over the copyright of the essay submitted for the Competition and selected for the Publication in the OU IPR Forum Blog shall be transferred to DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University and the author shall only retain the moral rights over their work.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University will be final and binding.
- Interested Candidates shall Register for the Competition by filling the Registration Form (Google Form) within 24th April, 2022 – 11:59 PM.
- The Registered Candidates would be provided link for submission of the Manuscript of the Essay by email on 25thApril, 2022 and the submission shall be made within 26th April, 2022 – 11:59 PM.
Students pursuing UG/PG/Diploma Course in any discipline, from any University or its affiliated College recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) are eligible to participate in the Competition. [Age Limit: up to 25 years]
The Competition is organized in an Online/Virtue mode. The DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University is situated at Hyderabad.
Interested Candidates shall register by submitting the Registration Form (Google Form) given below.
Registration Form: Click Here
No Fees for registration or submitting essays in the Competition.
- 1st Prize: Rs.5,000/- Cash Prize and Certificate
- 2nd Prize: Rs.4,000/- Cash Prize and Certificate
- 3rd Prize: Rs.3,000/- Cash Prize and Certificate
Participation Certificate would be provided to all the candidates making successful submissions.
The RESULT will be declared on 30th April, 2022 in an Online Event.
- Registration Deadline: 24th April, 2022
- Submission Deadline: 26th April, 2022
- Dr. S. B. Md. Irfan Ali Abbas, University College of Law, Osmania University
- +91 98488 85394
- Mr. A. Srinivasa Rao, Advocate & IP Attorney, Hyderabad
- +91 82973 99898
- Mr. B. Nagaraj, Osmania University, Hyderabad
- +91 97008 02342
Submitted By: Dr. S.B. Md. Irfan Ali Abbas