2nd RGNUL Arbitration Essay Writing Competition 2023
Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), RGNUL is organising the 2nd RGNUL Arbitration Essay Writing Competition, 2023.
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is inviting participation in the 2nd RGNUL Arbitration Essay Writing Competition, 2023 In collaboration with the Centre for Trade and Investment Law, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
About the Centre
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, RGNUL (CADR-RGNUL) was established in the year 2018 as a Centre dedicated to research and capacity-building in ADR. One of the foremost aims was to fill voids that plague existing literature and bridge the often-daunting gap between academia and the practicalities of a career in ADR.
About Centre for Trade and Investment Law
The Centre for Trade and Investment Law (CTIL) was established in 2016 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). The Centre’s primary objective is to provide sound and rigorous analysis of legal issues pertaining to international trade and investment law to the Government of India and other governmental agencies and to create a dedicated pool of legal experts who could provide technical inputs for enhancing India's participation in international trade and investment negotiations and dispute settlement.
With the successful completion of the 1st iteration of the Arbitration Essay Writing Competition, held in collaboration with the Australian Disputes Centre, Sydney, we at CADR are all set to get the ball rolling with the 2nd edition of the competition. Last year, we received an overwhelming response, with enthusiastic participation from law students and professionals alike, which solidified the position of this competition as a premier platform for aspiring legal minds to showcase their talent, engage in intellectual discourse, and gain recognition within the legal community.
The intent of the Essay writing competition is to provide young writers with a platform to test their adroitness for writing and an opportunity to explore a wide range of challenging and interesting questions beyond the routine college curriculum. The students are expected to analyze and suggest ways and means to establish a stronger and newer version of ADR practices around the world.
- Commercial Arbitral Awards as Investments in Investment Treaty Arbitrations
- Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs) vs. Investment Chapters in Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- Sovereign Wealth Funds (SWFs) and Foreign Investment
- Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) Mechanisms
- Participation of Amicus Curiae in Investment Treaty Arbitrations
The aforementioned themes are entirely suggestive in nature and the authors are free to write on any contemporary issue involving Investment Arbitration.
Eligibility and Registration
The Competition shall be open to the students who are pursuing their B.A. LLB/ LLM/ PhD/ MPhil or any other Undergraduate or Masters courses (other than Law) in any university across the world.
Registration fee will be INR 100 for a single author and ₹150 total for co-authors.
In order to participate in the Competition, participants must submit a final draft which must be between 1500 and 2500 words, on the themes mentioned below, along with the receipt of payment of registration fee. The entries will then be reviewed by the Editorial Board, which will declare the results in consultation with the CTIL.
- Opening of Registration - 4th September 2023
- Last date to submit the Final Draft – 7th October 2023
- Declaration of Results – 21st November 2023
Payment & Submission Link
- Top 3 author(s) to be provided with an opportunity to intern with CTIL and the winner to be given an INR 10,000 cash prize.
- Top 10 entries will be considered for publication on the CADR & CTIL website under the category of 'Honorable Mention'.
- Certificate of Merit to top 10 entries under various themes.
- Participation Certificates (Digital) to all the participants.
Brochure: [Click here to View]
Email: [email protected]
- Ms. Chamundeswari Pemmasani: +91-9798123567
- Ms. Aishwarya Singh Vishnoi: +91-9414338954
- Mr. Ribhu Sehgal: +91-9810050757