1st National Mediation Competition | Law College Dehradun
ADR Centre of Law College Dehradun is organising its 1st National Mediation Competition. Scroll for more details!
ADR Centre of Law College Dehradun announces its 1st National Mediation Competition National Mediation in Collaboration with PSL Advocates and Solicitors, Rey Legal, SCC Online, and Eastern Book Company.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre, a student body of Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University is responsible for the practice, propagation, and training of Alternate Dispute Resolution in Law College Dehradun. We aim to develop the students of Law College Dehradun into professionals with infallible skills in dispute resolution. Over the years ADRC has brought home numerous honors and awards from various National and International Negotiation, mediation, and Client Counseling Competitions.
About the Competition
LCD-ADRC invites budding lawyers to clash their ideas and learn mediation and negotiation skills in its first National Mediation Competition. The event will focus on corporate & commercial law practice and will be judged by experts from top law firms and legal practitioners. Join us for this fun and educational opportunity through Mediation.
- The registration is restricted to 32 teams for the National Mediation Competition, 2023.
- Each Participant must be a current Undergraduate Student (5 years or 3-year Course) of their respective institution.
- All three members of the participating team must be from the same institution.
- Last date for Provisional Registration: 27th September 2023
- Last date of Final Registration: 3rd October 2023
- Release of Mediation Propositions: 4th October 2023
- Release of Clarifications: 12th October 2023
- Inaugural Ceremony, Participants’ Orientation, and Preliminary round: 14th October 2023
- Octa-final Round: 15th October 2023
- Participants’ Orientation, Quarter-Final Rounds, and Semi-Final Rounds: 4th November 2023
- Final Round, Valedictory Ceremony, and Gala Night: 5th November 2023
- The registration process consists of two steps: Provisional Registrations and Final Registrations.
- Provisional Registrations start on 12th September 2023 and end on 27th September 2023.
- Only the shortlisted teams from the Provisional Registrations can proceed to the Final Registrations.
- The Final Registrations (including the payment of registration fees) must be completed by 03rd October 2023.
The registration fees for the teams are as follows:
- INR 3,000/- for each Negotiating Pair
- INR 1,600/- for each Negotiating Pair that qualifies for the Quarter-Final Rounds and opts for accommodation at Uttaranchal University, Dehradun
- INR 800/- for each Mediator that qualifies for the Quarter-Final Rounds and opts for accommodation at Uttaranchal University, Dehradun
Registration and Other Links
Prizes and Awards
The prizes and awards for the winners and runners-up are as follows:
- Winning Negotiating Pair: Cash prize of INR 12,000/-, Certificate of Appreciation, Trophy, and Internships at PSL Advocates and Solicitors
- Winning Mediator: Cash prize of INR 6,000/-, Certificate of Appreciation, Trophy, and Internship at PSL Advocates and Solicitors
- Runner-up Negotiating Pair: Cash prize of INR 8,000/-, Certificate of Appreciation and Trophy
- Runner-up Mediator: Cash prize of INR 4,000/-, Certificate of Appreciation and Trophy
- Best Negotiating Pair (Preliminary Rounds): Cash prize of INR 6,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation
- Best Mediator (Preliminary Rounds): Cash prize of INR 3,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation
Email: [email protected].
Ishu Bharadwaj [Convener]
- Ph: +91 9045823077
Saakshya Garkoti [Convener]
- Ph: +91 6392331361
Nivedita Vyas [Event Head]
- Ph: +91 9636434305
Arnav Dwivedi [Event Administrator]
- Ph: +91 8765748564
Aditi Sinha [Co-ordinator]
- Ph: +91 7326952828