Col. Dr. Jeppiaar 1st National Crime Scene Investigation Competition 2023 | Sathyabama School of Law
School of Law of Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology is organizing the Col. Dr. Jeppiaar 1st National Crime Scene Investigation Competition on August 12, 2023.
Sathyabama University is a prestigious institution excelling in various fields of education, including Engineering, Science, Technology, Law, and more. Accredited with an 'A++' Grade, it adopts innovative teaching methods and boasts outstanding faculty, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and world-class research facilities. The university has received impressive rankings and recognition both nationally and internationally, particularly for its focus on innovation and research in emerging areas of Science and Technology. Its collaboration with leading universities and organizations further strengthens its position as a leading institution in higher education.
About School of Law
Sathyabama School of Law aims to provide legal education with a focus on real-world skills, leadership development, and interdisciplinary approaches. The school is committed to advancing human dignity and justice through rigorous academic courses taught by experienced faculty and offers opportunities for students to interact with respected scholars. Their curriculum prepares students for careers in the legal profession and other related fields.
About School of Computing
School of Computing at Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology. It has collaborations with top industries like IBM, Virtusa, Oracle, etc., providing excellent placement opportunities with an average salary of 4 lakhs per annum and a highest salary of 41 lakhs per annum, and maintains a placement rate above 92% for the past three years.
About Crime Scene Investigation
The Crime Scene Investigation competition assesses the ability of students to perform procedures related to crime scene investigation and identify suspects. Participants will learn more about crime investigation by examining physical evidence from the crime scene and using reasoning and logical skills.
Team Eligibility & Team Composition
The event is open to students pursuing the following courses in a recognized institution:
- Five-year integrated law course
- Three-year law course
Each team shall comprise 2 members only, and there is no limit to the number of teams that may participate from the same institution.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/- per team.
- Registration Link: Click here
- Account Number: 6624553986
- Name: Dean School of Law - Sathyabama
- Branch: Sathyabama University, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Jeppiaar Nagar, Chennai - 119
- IFSC Code: IDIB000S201
Rules and Regulations
- Participants must carry their own writing and drawing tools and an exam board (one for a team).
- Teams will be directed to the crime scene once they get acquainted with the plot.
- Each team will have a maximum of 8 minutes to investigate the crime scene and note down relevant points.
- Teams can make rough sketches or graphs for convenience during this time.
- Mishandling or disturbing the crime scene property or communicating with participants of other teams during the competition will lead to disqualification.
- Participants are not allowed to touch or pick anything from the crime scene.
- Forensic analysis will play a key role in the investigation.
- Each team will have 30 minutes for report writing after completing the investigation and observation.
Composition of the Report
- Crime scene sketch with the labeling of relevant evidence.
- List of materials evidence found.
- A brief note about the relevance of each material evidence.
- Hypotheses of guilt of suspect/s and reasons on which such hypotheses are based on.
- Conclusive story (in your opinion).
- Other observations and analysis as relevant.
Flow of the Competition
- Watching of the video clip which gives a lead to the story line.
- Entry to the crime scene.
- Interrogation session.
- Report drafting.
- The qualifying team shall move to the final round, which will be a questioning session for interpretation.
The best and the nearest interpretation of the scenario with substantial evidence shall be the criteria for qualifying the round. The organizers have the full rights to amend the rules or procedures at any point in time.
- Winner: Trophy, Reward, and Certificate
- Runner-up: Trophy, Reward, and Certificate
- Best Team (Interpretation): Trophy and Certificate
- All participants will receive participation certificates.
Brochure: Click here to View
- Mr K. Sanjay [Assistant Professor, School of Law, SIST]
Ph: +91 79043 08768
- Ms Yuvapoornima [Assistant Professor, School of Law, SIST]
Ph: +91 95000 68564
- Ms Neeraja C Reddy: +91-9500108661
- Ms Sneha p: +91-9962844455