1st MNLU-A National Essay Writing Competition 2023
Center for Competition Law and Policy, MNLU Aurangabad is proud to announce the 1st Edition of MNLU-A National Essay Writing Competition, 2023.
Center for Competition Law and Policy, MNLU Aurangabad is proud to announce the 1st Edition of MNLU-A National Essay Writing Competition, 2023 and invites participation from Five-Year and Three Year LL.B. Courses and LL.M Students.
About the University
The State of Maharashtra realizing the importance of quality legal education and the need for well-trained law graduates to the Bar, Bench and profession took a very bold decision by creating three National Law Universities in the State of Maharashtra at Mumbai, Nagpur and Aurangabad. The latest one added to the list of National Law Universities in India is the Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad, which commenced on March 16, 2017. The commencement of the University has fulfilled the aspirations of the people of the Marathwada region for an institution of national repute in Aurangabad. Presently, the University is offering various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the discipline of Law, Management and Public Policy. The University has Postgraduate studies and Research Programmes with specializations in Constitutional Law, Human Rights, Commercial Laws, Finance and Human Resource Management, Medical Laws and Hospital Management, etc.
About the Center for Competition Law and Policy (CCLP)
Considering the rising importance of Competition Law in order to ensure free and fair markets, The Centre for Competition Law and Policy has been established at Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad, with the aim to create awareness and disseminate knowledge about Competition Law in domestic and foreign arenas. The Centre aims to promote interdisciplinary research in competition law and policy making, involving developments in the fields related to sectoral regulators. The Centre aims to provide a forum for the exchange of information and knowledge wherein leading practitioners and academicians, scholars and students, can discuss and exchange ideas on contemporary issues of competition law and policy. In accordance with the vision above the centre wants to further its aim by creating an environment of research in the field of competition law.
About the 1st MNLU-A National Essay Writing Competition
Competition Law is experiencing remarkable growth and abundant opportunities for aspiring legal professionals. The Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad will organize its first edition of the MNLUA National Essay Writing Competition, 2023, which seeks to foster awareness and understanding of the diverse facets of Competition Law among young legal minds. This competition will provide an ideal platform for talented scholars to demonstrate their knowledge and insights into Competition Law in India while contributing to the Competition Commission of India's advocacy efforts.
Themes and Sub-Themes
Original submissions from authors are invited in the form of essays falling within the domain of “Competition Law”. It can be any emerging/ contemporary topic of relevance in Competition Law. The list of the indicated sub-themes is given below to aid the participants:
- Competition Law and Sustainability.
- Competition Law and Fintech Industry.
- Competition Law and IPR.
- Merger Control: The Introduction of the Green Channel Route.
- Competition Law and Pharmaceutical Sector.
- Challenges in Setting up a Balanced Antitrust Regime.
- Critical Analysis of Competition Law (Amendment) 2023.
- Role of Competition Law in Regulating E-Commerce Sector.
- Any other area concerning recent developments in Competition law and policy.
Note: Sub-themes are merely indicative in nature and not exhaustive.
Prizes and Awards
- Winner: INR 5,000.
- 1st Runner Up: INR 3000.
- 2nd Runner Up: INR 1000.
- Top three entries shall be awarded a "Certificate of Merit" and their essays shall be published in Republic Law Review (a half-yearly double-blind peer-reviewed journal of MNLUA).
- All participants shall be receiving a "Certificate of Participation”.
- Single Author: INR 500.
- Co-Author: INR 750.
- Registration Commencement: 05th August 2023
- Registration Deadline: 10th September 2023 [Extended]
- Submission Deadline: 01st October 2023 [Extended]
- Tentative Results: November 2023
- All submissions must be in English.
- Word Limit: 3000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Co-Authorship is permissible only up to a maximum of two authors.
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman – 12, Line spacing 1.5.
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman – 10, Line spacing 1.0.
- Plagiarism must not exceed the prescribed limit of 10%.
- Page size: A4, Margin: 1” from all sides, Alignment: Justified, Line spacing: 1.5
- Citation Style: Footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the latest Bluebook (21st edition) format.
- No endnotes or speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are permitted.
Entries should be emailed to [email protected] under the subject title "SUBMISSION FOR 1ST MNLUA NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION” in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format with a Cover letter specifying:
- Name of Author(s).
- Contact Details - Email Address and Mobile Number.
- Name and address of institution of the author(s).
- Academic Qualifications (year of studying)/Affiliations of the Author(s).
- Title of the Essay.
- Declaration of Originality.
- Submissions which do not adhere to the given guidelines shall not be considered for review.
Brochure: Click here to view
Email: [email protected].
Sakshi Gupta [Director - Centre for Competition Law and Policy (CCLP)]
- Ph: +91-9810471707
Zahid Butt [Student-Convenor]
- Ph: +91-8779231273
Arpit Bhondge [Student Co-Convenor]
- Ph: +91-9370537446