National Online Essay Writing Competition | Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Kerala
Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies (BSOLS) is organising a National Online Essay Writing Competition.
Gender Justice Forum Committee, Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies (BSOLS) is proud to announce a National Online Essay Writing Competition.
Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies established in the year 2013, is a centre of excellence in legal education affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala and approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi
About the Competition
The Gender Justice Forum Committee of Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies is proud to announce a national online essay writing competition. This competition is a platform for law students and budding lawyers of the country to critically evaluate contemporary legal issues.
Students pursuing LL.B. Integral/Unitary and LLM courses from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate.
Gender Justice and Uniform Civil Code.
- Authors must strictly follow the guidelines failing which their submission may not be considered.
- The soft copy of the essay must be emailed to administrators at email@example.com. The submissions must be in both Word (.doc/.docx) and PDF (.pdf) formats.
- Every entry must compulsorily include a cover letter from the Head of the institution with the Name of the student, Details of the Course and Semester, Name of the Institution, University, e-mail id, address and mobile phone number.
- Language: English
- Word Limit: 4000 words including footnotes
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and a 1-inch margin on all sides.
- Headings must be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 14, with 1.5 line spacing, and must be bold.
- Subheadings must be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 14, with 1.5 line spacing, and must be underlined in Small Caps.
- Footnotes must be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- All submissions made shall conform to Bluebook 20th edition, citation standards.
- The name of the document shall be the name of the student.
- The essay should be the original work of the author & must not have been published elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in the disqualification of an essay. Plagiarism higher than 25% shall be disqualified in the preliminary round of evaluation
- Last Date for submission: 15th September 2023.
- Results declaration: 10th October 2023.
- First Prize: Certificate + Cash prize of Rs.5,000.
- Second Prize: Certificate + Cash prize of Rs.3,000.
- Third Prize: Certificate + Cash prize of Rs.2,000.
- In addition to the above, the top 10 entries will receive a Certificate of Merit.
Evaluation of Essays
- A Panel of Evaluators shall be constituted to evaluate and select the winning entries and the decision of the Panel shall be final and binding.
- Every essay shall be evaluated on a scale of 100.
The following shall be the criteria of evaluation:
- Clarity of Thought and Originality: 20.
- Proper and Articulate Analysis: 20.
- Novelty: 20.
- Organization and Presentation: 20.
- Grammar and Language: 20.
- The participants must send their entries through e-mail. Entries sent without a cover letter from the Head of the Institution will not be taken into consideration.
- Interested participants may register for the competition first.
- Entries have to be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By participating in the competition, the participants agree to protect the administrators from and against any claims, suits and consequences caused by any claim of copyright violation, plagiarism or unauthorized use
- The administrators reserve the absolute rights to cancel, defer or postpone indefinitely, the competition in an event accruing to any contingency, natural or man-made.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organizers shall be final and binding and is not liable to any clarification to any of the participants regarding the evaluation of his/her essay.
Brochure: [Click here to view]
Dr. U Deepti, Associate Professor [Faculty Coordinator]
- Email: email@example.com
- Ph: +91-9744915263
Ms Sruthi Balachandran [Student Co-ordinator]
- Ph: +91-8078754230